Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Your occupation?

bum also, syudying biomedical engineering at latrobe, working at eb games to keep the food coming in....

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I teach Japanese at high school. I also do some home tutoring on Sundays.

Currently studying Information Systems at La Trobe, going into last year next year bar any failed classes, have no idea what I want to be so I'll just see where this takes me..

Currently on the payroll at Centrelink, and the La Trobe uni's scholarship department ..

But unfortunately will be looking for a job for the 3 months holidays, hopefully somewhere like Billy Hyde, and not Target (after 4 years), Big W, Safeway etc...

Web Designer at CFA (Country Fire Authority) and yes it's the fire department but I don't fight fires...

Previous roles include Wed Developer/Marketing Exec./ Sales Admin (both in Singapore and Australia) in which work encompasses advertising (design), publishing, events management, website development/maintenance and admin for one "lazy" Sales Manager.

Current job is the best paying one with great benefits, opportunities and reliability so far, and I just joined in May this year, so am gonna stay for awhile.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

I can't believe I work in the wine business for more than 3 yrs now
    And still I can't drink much and easily get drunk .

Web Content Manager at the Australian Water Association.

I'm really the Web Admin/IT department, general fix it guy all rolled into one, but the company is stingy and by listing the job as Content Manager, I only get paid peanuts for the work I do.

It's what I get for studying Digital Animation at Uni, a Degree that is more or less useless.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I work in the busy coffee shop in a city hospital. I am looking for other jobs though. Preferably somewhere where I can get a good staff discount on something I have an interest in.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Was a Casual Primary School Teacher for 4 odd years (sure it was excellent money but I refused to put up with those kids s#%t any longer!)

Went back to uni & became qualified in the field of TESOL. Currently trying to find work in that field or a position in an educational consultancy role.

Me? Im at Uni (2nd time around) part time doing my BA (Dip Ed) - Im an education student. My goal is to become a High School teacher teaching History and Geography.

I also work part time in residential property research/support (from my Commerce/Property degree). A couple of years ago I decided I wanted to do something that had more substance and was self fulfilling to me personally and took the decision to go back to uni

What's the point of doing something you are not happy with? I think it's never too late to go back and study/train for that job/career path you want

Im only a few years older than many of my classmates but feel a bit more mature in that im aware of the workforce/business world out there and am not straight from high school.

Coles casual employee around Psychology degree at UQ. Hoping to finish in about 2 years if I get my honours and then work in rehabilitation, addiction and criminality, etc. etc.

It's pretty good fun to be honest. Grocery work isn't so bad. Plus 5% extra off from Kmart and Target during sales