Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    So Brainstorm had a portal inside him - not sure how that is related to the Life Sign reader dropping to '1' at the start of the issue.
    its means he's part of the dead universe via nova prime, and all residents of the dead universe have portals in them

also when looking back through previous issues, the spark eater left brainstorm alone, because he's already dead, could be why he took the green spark, to restart he's own?

The sparkeater is a funny one; once we found out he was a knock-off, not forged like he claimed, that seemed to be the explanation for why the beast didn't go after him. But no there was another reason all along! Clever writers.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm all for redemption of villains (it's the Criminologist in me ), but this is Megatron we're talking about... the Hitler of Transformers who has been guilty of mass-murder and genocide in just about every story universe, including this one (which had him written as a working-class revolutionary in the pre-history stories). It is difficult to easily accept him being "good" without suspecting that it is just a deception for his own benefit.
    I agree. Megs is going to go bad again. It's just a matter of when. What would be really cool is if they write him in such a way that he actually tries to change, and does for a while, but something happens to actually justify/forces him going bad again.

And on the page after Prowlastator is formed, why is there a constructicon standing to the right of Soundwave??
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Jhiaxus's "Reactive armour": I LOLed at the fact that Barber and Roberts are clearly taking the piss out of being a toy tie-in.

"Finis Temporis" <--- is this grammatically correct? I'm wondering if 'finis' should be in its accusative case, thus "finem temporis," or is it perfectly fine to have it in its nominative case?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    "Finis Temporis" <--- is this grammatically correct? I'm wondering if 'finis' should be in its accusative case, thus "finem temporis," or is it perfectly fine to have it in its nominative case?
    Get a twitter account and ask Roberts

I know it's waaay in the past, but did we ever find out why Megatron had a bunch of Sweep heads lashed to him when he returned to Iacon in his wrecked stealth bomber body?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    I know it's waaay in the past, but did we ever find out why Megatron had a bunch of Sweep heads lashed to him when he returned to Iacon in his wrecked stealth bomber body?
    To look totally bad-ass?

I thought it may have been to remind the Cybertronians what he had done by taking on the Decepti-god single handedly, maybe to get a free pass into Iacon.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Started a new thread for season 2. If you're catching up with trades or old issues keep discussing the first 27 issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Arrgh, brain!

I think I followed it all by the end, when it was painted out for me, but it really messed with my head reading it so late in the evening! It "fixes" the previous continuity issues with Wheelie and the Reflector trio (and by fix, I mean, it gives us reasons for the events with potential for much more information).

I like the integration of the revelation, chaos and ongoing series into one melting pot, I just wish it hadn't half melted my brain in the process. I think a re-read in a few days should help.

Love that I can revisit this thread and read the comments.

I had the same problem on the first read. Was very confused. When I Reread on a less sleepy head, this was great. Best RiD issue to date
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection