Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    X-Factor: Layla Miller #1 - Woo Layla one shot! Shit was sad with what happened to her in Messiah Complex. Glad we're getting some sort of look at what Layla's been up to since we last saw her. Very enjoyable one shot.
    I was just coming here to say how i've enjoyed this new series of X-Factor, mostly for Layla. She's such a great character! There's the mystery of who she is, where she comes from, plus that whole "I'm Layla Miller, I know stuff" line. It NEVER gets boring and it's always an enjoyable read to see people freaking out whenever she tells them what's going to happen.

So I was certaintly glad for this one shot as I really want to see what happens to her. She's easily one of my favourite Marvel characters.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I just acquired (and read) Ultimate Xmen TPB #17: Sentinels. This series has really come down in terms of story, dialogue and, sadly, artwork. It has none of the uber-cool, post modern banter that I enjoyed for most of the series. The overall plot is just so-so and the art (done by two different artists) is just plain ugly.
    A friend told me that all the Ultimate comics were being discontinued apart from Ultimate Spidey. I don't know if this is true but if it is I can see why.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    A friend told me that all the Ultimate comics were being discontinued apart from Ultimate Spidey. I don't know if this is true but if it is I can see why.
    I believe it was talked about at SDCC '08 about ending the Ultimate comics. I believe Ultimate Fantastic Four will be wrapping up but that really was the only thing mentioned. Though there's still Ultimatun limited series to start (I believe in September/October?) and word has it they'll be another Ultimates series to come from that. So there's still quite a bit of new stuff to look forward to from the Ultimates universe.

I only really (really) enjoyed Ultimates 1 and 2. I hear 3 is crap so I haven't bothered. The only title from the Ultimate universe I'm following is Ultimate Origins.

Following Ultimatum one of the Ultimate books is suppose to be cancelled. But I haven't heard anything about the rest of the Ultimate books being canned.

Most likely Ultimate X-Men I reckon. The creative team's just aren't the same on that book any more and it seems the entropy that's a feature of all comics has caught up to it.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Did anyone read the Irredeemable Ant-Man? I picked up the entire run off eBay a few months but only got around to reading it. Now he's my kind of superhero.

What did other people think?
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I always felt that comics have had a major influence on my life, idealogy and other such intangibles.

Probably from a very young age....

lol, Richie had one for every fetish!

I got Volume 1 of Cable and Deadpool TPB today.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    lol, Richie had one for every fetish!

I got Volume 1 of Cable and Deadpool TPB today.
    That was one of the best comics to read at the time when it came out. It was absolutely hilarious given the social context of it when it was released. Many of non comic mates loved the Merc w/ a Mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Did anyone read the Irredeemable Ant-Man? I picked up the entire run off eBay a few months but only got around to reading it. Now he's my kind of superhero.

What did other people think?
    Irredeemable Ant-Man was an okay read, for me it was one of those one time reads. Not really something I'd go back to.

Oh Eric, you can't help but cheer for him at times and then there are the other times were you think "god what a dirtbag". I looking forward to seeing how Ant-Man copes with the Secret Invasion in The Initiative.

And the Invasion continues this week!

Avengers Initiative #16 (Secret Invasion Tie-In), $2.99
    Black Panther #40 (Secret Invasion Tie-In), $2.99
    Mighty Avengers #17 (Secret Invasion Tie-In), $2.99
    New Avengers #44 (Secret Invasion Tie-In), $2.99
    New Warriors #15 (Secret Invasion Tie-In), $2.99
    Nova #16 (Secret Invasion Tie-In), $2.99
    Secret Invasion Amazing Spider-Man #1 (of 3)(Secret Invasion Tie-In), $2.99
    Thunderbolts #123 (Secret Invasion Tie-In), $2.99
    NOVA! NOVA! NOVA!

And of course, THUNDERBOLTS!