Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers In Singapore

ahhh i got the wrong idea. yeah pubbing = pub. *silly me*

can't really remember if there's ever a Falcons Hanger but well...i guess for funkyaw's half a day trip..Orchard Road or even CSC is sufficient enough

The Falcon's Hanger was in Far East Plaza but moved to Waterloo Centre.
    Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Thanks for all the info guys.

I'm told that the train system is really good over there but given the short time I have, I'm thinking of trying to just move quickly through taxis so I'm hoping to at least have a look at both CSC and Orchard Road.

for CSC, alight at Chinatown MRT and head towards the exit where Chinatown Point is and walk down all the way. Orchard Road, you can start at the beginning and hit every Shopping Centre but mainly the ones I mentioned above

i remember when i was a cadet i once had dhiorrea symtoms, i was in Singapore annd every MRT station had the mens toilets locked! Every single mens toilet in the country was locked at the same time!!!!

It was incredible, every single toilet-LOCKED

Then i was forced to go to Sentosa, on the same day, via cable car, and luckily i had enough self and bowl control not to 'go' out the side of the bars. I finally found one toilet and stayed in their for a good half hour.

My relatives are related to the guy who Chow Kit Road is named after.

Go to Falcons Hanger if you can, just about any toy shop over there is great

<touch wood>

Everytime somebody has told me something will be great it never quite lives up to the hype

<touch wood>

Torchwood

You will be surprised grasshopper

Torchwood

Due to the engineer strike, I had cancellations and delay which ate into my half day so I only got to spend about an hour shopping.

Ended up going to CSC and was quite impressed with the number of toy stores on the L1 and L2.

Most of the stock was more recent lines (Movie, Encore, Galaxy Force/Cybertron) but there was random G1 stuff there. The worst problem I found was the lack of organisation of the displays. Boxes were just stacked wherever there was space and display cabinets had boxes hidden by other boxes making it impossible to actually see what was for sale.

Also most of the stores had loose toys in bags sitting in piles which would take hours just to sort through. You could easily spend a day just in this one place looking through everything.

Ended up just getting a loose Animated Roll Out Prime for $70. If you ignore his lack of articulation, he still does look pretty good ignoring his J-Lo butt.

My only advice is to bring cash. Unfortunately only a few stores would accept credit cards and those that did wanted to add a 3-4% surcharge on top. Luckily there are a few ATMs nearby.

Apparently Sunday has an open market which is great for collectors. Sort of like the Parra collectors fair.

ahhh i forgot the bid about bringing Cash only. sorry funkyaw
    hope you enjoy the trip to CSC which i missed during my trip back in Feb!

Bugger about the lack of G1, I am hoping that I will find store fronts for the people on eBay that have lots and are from Singapore. Cheers for the cash tip, going to have to change my plans for carrying my spending money around.