Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    They both did it, so good luck there. Plus the old saying; you vote for the party not the person in charge. But heck, I vote for who's in charge, certainly not union cash take shorten, even over my dead body.
    Wait so you'll vote LNP because they're the party currently in government? Not for even another party candidate in your electorate if they're the better choice?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Wait so you'll vote LNP because they're the party currently in government? Not for even another party candidate in your electorate if they're the better choice?
    Federal and local are different as you do actually vote the person and not the party locally. I actually voted a Labor locally because they were the best fit.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'll vote for a political party that passes a law to ban these backstabbing shenanigans.
    You’ll be voting for the Labor Party then. Rudd changed the rules after he got back in to make it almost impossible for that to happen again. A leadership change for the ALP is quite involved and includes the member base, not just the MPs.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You’ll be voting for the Labor Party then. Rudd changed the rules after he got back in to make it almost impossible for that to happen again. A leadership change for the ALP is quite involved and includes the member base, not just the MPs.
    No what I want is a law that bans this BS, not the rules of a party. Frankly all these idiots from both parties backstabbing each other makes me not want to take part in this "democracy" at all.

Federal and local are different as you do actually vote the person and not the party locally. I actually voted a Labor locally because they were the best fit.
    Thanks for the clarification, thought you meant you just voted for was already in govt regardless.

No what I want is a law that bans this BS, not the rules of a party. Frankly all these idiots from both parties backstabbing each other makes me not want to take part in this "democracy" at all.
    As disheartening as it all is DELTAprime, I'd rather participate in a democracy than the alternative.

They both did it, so good luck there. Plus the old saying; you vote for the party not the person in charge. But heck, I vote for who's in charge, certainly not union cash take shorten, even over my dead body.
    The irony is that the Liberals and Nationals voted to stop parliament and walk off the job because they didn't like their boss.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    As disheartening as it all is DELTAprime, I'd rather participate in a democracy than the alternative.
    It really is disheartening. I'm at the point that I wanna just give up because it is broken. But, this is the most important time for us to not give up and fight back. We can't let them all walk all over us.

Quote Originally Posted by Polursine View Post
    The irony is that the Liberals and Nationals voted to stop parliament and walk off the job because they didn't like their boss.
    I find it ironic that they stopped trains from striking because it would affect the economy too much

Australian politicians from a legal background (in no particular order):
    - Julia Gillard
    - Julie Bishop
    - Tony Abbot
    - Kevin Rudd
    - John Howard

It looks like the last name on the list is the only one who knows how to play Game of Thrones. But all joking aside, it's a sad reality that the more lawyers make their way into politics the more it resembles that aforementioned TV series.

P.S. Lawyer is #2 on the list of the most psychopathic professions.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Australian politicians from a legal background (in no particular order):
    - Tony Abbott
    - Kevin Rudd
    Are we sure Abbott or Rudd studied law at tertiary level or had a career in law prior to entering parliament?