Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Final FunPub Club sale - everything must go

Yep, whoever is doing their price reductions has no clue at all.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Yep, whoever is doing their price reductions has no clue at all.
    Yeah they keep saying 'dropping prices' yet the price has doubled on three items since I ordered them together a month ago

I also ordered a loose Stunticon set for $240 and now they have a set in the box for $340. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have that gorgeous box - but I wouldn't want to pay another $100us for it.

I think they've just reset all their prices for this final sale. They are gradually reducing everything by 10% a week till it's all gone.

good for you that you got it in the earlier sale. I too scored some great stuff a couple months ago in a previous sale.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I got some good things too. But I feel I gotta buy the last botcon kreo set, I ended up with a duplicate Spike but missing Dr Archville

Someone on TFW has worked out the remaining stock numbers in the store, and posted them up yesterday...

Updated stock:

Unsigned Depthcharge - 454
    Zaptrap - 59
    Ramjet - 473
    Alpha Trizer - 94
    Kre-O sets - 318
    Slicer - 20
    Spraxus - 51
    Only Human Arcee - 79
    Only Human Rodimus - 172
    Transmutate - 111
    Nova Prime - 102
    Signed Depthcharge - 33
    2013 assembled class figure - 144
    2015 unassembled class figure - 27
    Diaclone 2 pack - 56
    Knights 3 pack - 82
    2014 assembled class figure - 15
    Waruders - 603
    2013 unassembled class figure - 13
    Pretenders 2 pack - 196
    2014 unassembled class figure - 8
    2007 unassembled class figure - 53
    2008 unassembled class figure - 57
    2009 unassembled class figure - 48
    Machine Wars loose set - 120
    Machine Wars boxed set - 35
    Cybertron Most Wanted loose set - 207
    Cybertron Most Wanted boxed set - 233
    2011 unassembled class figure - 20
    Some of those are a real surprise.
    The Waruders were a bigger loss-maker than even I imagined. They made 2000 sets and if there is still a third unsold after two years and now at 70% off, I'm thinking that they didn't get even half sold at BotCon 2015.
    And look at how many unassembled custom class toys are still left. Even if none had been bought so far, that means FunPub had to have 200-300 made as a Hasbro minimum, but were unable to do anything with them after each BotCon.
    The unfortunate thing about the remaining Class toys is that they won't come with any of the extras that were at the Class - stickers and exclusive parts/heads... or the instructions to build them.
    So if you get one, and plan to build it, there were some Australians here who attended some of those pre-2013 classes (not me), and might be able to share a scan... or check out this TFW topic, for a couple of the earlier years that have already been posted.

If those numbers are accurate I feel I can wait a bit longer (bigger discount offsets the shipping cost!) before trying an order.

Was about to put an order through but may hold off for a little if those numbers are correct.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

With so many recent items left unsold, I'm starting to think that Brian was happy to offload the Transformers license with all that dead stock collecting dust
    It really sucks that some of the 2016 items are/were still available at over 50% off, after paying full price "just in case"... and all those other people I bought stuff for at BotCon or from the Club Store. Like the two Human figures, now US$16.50 each (from US$55). And look at the Subscription Optimus & Megatron Pretenders - now just US$74 for the pair.
    (all those magazine issues that they'll probably end up throwing in the bin... )

I hope that the unassembled Custom Class kits come with screws and pins... as I'd try to build them if I got the ones I'm missing. Otherwise, they are just an expensive envelope of plastic parts.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

I hope that the unassembled Custom Class kits come with screws and pins... as I'd try to build them if I got the ones I'm missing. Otherwise, they are just an expensive envelope of plastic parts.
    Has anyone asked them directly?