Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: universe galvatron help!

So did you end up sorting out that cannon joint Hursticon?

Oddly, my Galvatron is great to pose and his joints are tight. Its trying to get him back to tank mode where it all 'tanks'. :P
    That in mind, Galvatron could have been so much better as a Voyager... they really missed the boat on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    So did you end up sorting out that cannon joint Hursticon?
    Actually Lint, it was Hammerstorm that was having issues with his Galvatron whereas I've been lucky enough not to have anything go wrong with mine.
    Your interest is appreciated though dude.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    Oddly, my Galvatron is great to pose and his joints are tight. Its trying to get him back to tank mode where it all 'tanks'. :P
    That in mind, Galvatron could have been so much better as a Voyager... they really missed the boat on this one.
    I agree Gekisou, he should've been a Voyager, but, for some reason their almighty marketing intellect dictated that there were too many Tank Transformers at the time.

Personally, I don't care how many there is of a particular vehicle, just so long as they differ from each other in some way more than just paint applications.

Ok so rather than start a new topic, I thought I might tag on my problem on the end of this thread first...

my problem is within the same region although on a different joint:

In this pic it shows where galvatron's canon is detatched off one end. However, my problem is on the OTHER end of the joint where it's become detached from the shoulder (i guess?) and i just cant get it back in. It's taken me an hour so far. It happened to me once before and I remember it taking me a little while to get back in there but this time around is just giving me the absolute sh*ts. I was close to just smashing galvatron on the ground coz i was getting that frustrated with it! Does anyone have any pointers or an easy way to getting it back in? Sorry i dont have pics, its kinda late and im about to go to bed. I can take pics to show if people don't quite get what im getting at.

Thanks in advance!

basically push the whole joint back and make sure its lined up straight. then fold it in on itself. where I've added the 2 arrows, those parts slide into grooves so take a look at the back and you should see where they go into so just push the joint forward and everything should lock into place.

i had the same problem when i first got mine i found that the ball joint was not pushed in properly during manufacture so it was a bit rough but i managed to force/push it on properly and voila seemed to work, been awhile since i have had him out of storage though,but perhaps its a case of maybe just disassemble the turret and see if it is seated properly like i said i can't quite remember how it's all put together but maybe that'll help

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    I don't know why they don't just upsize and rerelease this mould, à la the difference between Ultra and Super Energon Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorlucks View Post
    i had the same problem when i first got mine i found that the ball joint was not pushed in properly during manufacture so it was a bit rough but i managed to force/push it on properly and voila seemed to work, been awhile since i have had him out of storage though,but perhaps its a case of maybe just disassemble the turret and see if it is seated properly like i said i can't quite remember how it's all put together but maybe that'll help
    I believe that he was intended to be a Voyager/Ultra during the design and even prototype stages. However due to Hasbro's 'All Generation toys must be deluxes!' silly policy, he got shrunken down.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I believe that he was intended to be a Voyager/Ultra during the design and even prototype stages. However due to Hasbro's 'All Generation toys must be deluxes!' silly policy, he got shrunken down.
    Galvatron wasn't a Generations toy, Kup. Their reason was allegedly that there were already 'too many tanks at larger scale classes', nothing to do with Generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Galvatron wasn't a Generations toy, Kup. Their reason was allegedly that there were already 'too many tanks at larger scale classes', nothing to do with Generations.
    My apologies, Universe. However it is still within the scope where Hasbro was beginning with this 'Deluxe' push which figures in Generations most closely adhered to.