Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Orders for Drift and Over-Run back up for pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Latest email says not to panic as they only sold about 20% before the crash. How long was it up for before they pylled them? 1 hour? 2? At that rate there is only a day to get in there to buy...
    It was only functional for less than 4 minutes I think. So that gives you an idea of how quickly they would sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It was only functional for less than 4 minutes I think. So that gives you an idea of how quickly they would sell out.
    I'm pretty sure it was up for at least 45 minutes before it collapsed.

I wouldn't worry too much, I'll be up at 6 tomorrow checking twitter and email. That 20 % that has been ordered are probalby the super keen 20% as they beat us to the punch. the remaining 80% won't sell as quick, it will still be quick but I'd say there will be at least a few hour window.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It was up for at least an hour before they pulled it... with sporadic orders going though. I guess it comes down what proportion those successful orders were in that hour or so.

To be honest though, if it sells out before it is released in 4-8 weeks time, it is a success. Yet, they're staring at a sell-out in just a day, maybe two... suggesting just how much more they could have been producing.
    Because the moment these sell out, toy dealers and ebay sellers are going to be putting up pre-orders for at least twice what they paid. (Punch is rocketed up to $150-200, and currently commands $200-300 on ebay)
    I'd much rather see a limit placed on these as Paulbot suggested. 2 or 3 each would cover people here, and would allow more fans get them at the already inflated price, instead of missing out to toy dealers who've bought 10 or so (whatever the limit is).

that idea has merrit but the amount of money that us sydney siders are saving with a group ordre is quite significant. one at a time would make it hard to justify the postage expense. At the moment, I'm ordering 9 which will mean that the $20 deposit I asked for should cover most of the local postage as well, if not all of it.

the club doesn't have a POL, so seperate orders woiuld most likely be processed seperately.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Yeah, I know... it'd suck for anyone outside of America... but then so does everything else they charge us for. I was just thinking about the cost difference people here and there would have to pay if they miss out on the pre-orders, thanks to too many toy dealers buying up big (like they did with Punch - it would have given the sydney people for that one, a better chance at getting one under $200, even if it meant paying a little more for shipping).

Indeed the saving on postage is huge, despite the fact they will always overcharge us on it. But the fact of the matter remains that this is a Transformers Club, with a paid membership, so I think it's fair to assume that members should be able to get first dibs.

I don't want to be all elitist here and I have no problem with the ordering for others that aren't club members at all, but the exclusive toys and stuff are there to promote the club and make it seem like that joining the club is a good thing. Just making the toys a limited run just makes TFCC another bunch of guys making Transformers, although these ones are licensed. And considering how after they have sold out on the club shop, I will eb able to go to BBTS and get some, kind of defeats the purpose of having the club a bit doesn't it? Just like how they release the Botcon comics afterwards with extra stuff after the Botcon! Shouldnt the CLUB maga have all the good stuff? not the one released after? Anyway, getting a bit off topic here. Sorry.

Currently that's all they are really, as the magazine is somewhat poor, the messageboard very poor and their member auction site was full of KOs when I last looked. Not very good for an 'Official club.'

In a perfect world, Paulbot's idea would be there and since they are pre-orders the option to combine orders would make life sweet.

If I miss out, I will definitely be sending off an email voicing my ... disappointment.

Wonder if it's worth it to sign to get Runamack as well.

Definitely. It's one of the reasons I joined this year.

I definitely want it, but I gotta go through the ball and chain for it. Can't get membership atm, problem with their system.

"We are busy updating the store for you and will be back shortly."

In a perfect world, Paulbot's idea would be there and since they are pre-orders the option to combine orders would make life sweet.
    Yeah in my idea you wouldn't pay postage until the end, or it would be reduced rate based on the total you eventually order, as you are adding to an open (pre)order. But in the ideal world international shipping would be cheaper too.

But the fact of the matter remains that this is a Transformers Club, with a paid membership, so I think it's fair to assume that members should be able to get first dibs.
    And that's my concern with the current "get in-get as many as you can" approach, and the artifical demand it generates. I think every member should be able to order at least one, no matter how they work it out.