Thread: Re-release of Rescue Bots 2013 "Trailer" Optimus without trailer?

Default Re-release of Rescue Bots 2013 "Trailer" Optimus without trailer?

From the GEN Brawl news topic, so that it doesn't go off-topic.

Underneath the Brawl toy was a Rescue Bots Optimus toy, which had me thinking that it could be something coming soon as well.

Now that I've been able to research it, it is the 2013 Optimus that came with the Trailer, but is in 2015/2016 packaging (it has the current red banner at the bottom instead of the blue banner that was from 2013)... and the packaging is not big enough for the old grey trailer to fit. But it does have something new next to his head, so my guess is a re-release of that 2013 Optimus toy with a new accessory.
    (which probably won't be sold here because Kmart have been shelfwarming the 2013 Optimus with Trailer for the last year - which is a shame because it is one of the better RB toys to play with, and is really cheap for its size)

The Autobub loves his rescue bots optimus with trailer!

Agree that this box is too small to fit it in but it is still a fair bit larger than the bot itself otherwise it would look more compact like the recent heatwave redeco. Also curious to know what that extra darker red bit is above the headlights. Haven't watched much of the shows but does anyone know what else optimus has besides his trailer?

Some images so that people know what I'm talking about, as very few collect Rescue Bots.

This is the packaging style for 2015/2016, with a red banner at the bottom. (same as the Optimus behind the GEN Brawl toy)

This was the 2013 packaging style with blue at the bottom, and what this "Trailer" Optimus looked like in and out of packaging.

Unhappy

Only things i can add is that the blue tattoos are missing and that the packaging goes on a substantial amount to the left of the figure (and it appears to be covered in cardboard.. it could be a sealed part of the box usually for smallish items or whatnot).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Megatran Guest

Already have OP Rescue Trailer (aka Victoria Secret Angel Prime). Cant justify buying this one just for gimmicky accessories.

of note, noticed in the background of the first pic. Clearly VietnAmese written in the newspaper in background. also noticed gundam.vn watermarks in all the new photos... Someone must be taking these from the factory over there and posting pics before release... Can one of my many cousins send me some... me send money

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (which probably won't be sold here because Kmart have been shelfwarming the 2013 Optimus with Trailer for the last year - which is a shame because it is one of the better RB toys to play with, and is really cheap for its size)
    Yah, I saw this this toy still shelfwarming at Kmart just this morning.

I bought that Optimus for my youngest son (4 yr old) he loves it is one of his favourite Transformers. It is a shame that it is a shelfwarmer

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I bought that Optimus for my youngest son (4 yr old) he loves it is one of his favourite Transformers. It is a shame that it is a shelfwarmer
    I agree. It is a shame this OP shelfwarms. My 8 year old loves this Optimus figure. He uses it to transport his CW figures (among others). I actually think it's a great toy in terms of playability even though I'm not a huge fan of the Rescue Bots.

My son loves the more traditional Transformers like the CW stuff but he also enjoys coming back to the simplicity of the Rescue bot figures as well.

Ironically they are hard to find here in Hong Kong (I don't know if it is because they only release a small number or skip this market) and I've had to buy most of them in Australia/New Zealand.