Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G1 Animation Cel - Which Episode ?

Question G1 Animation Cel - Which Episode ?

Hello all,

Hoping you can assist a new guy here. As part of my Transformers collection, I have an original Animation Cel from the G1 TV series, which I assume is genuine.

I have all of the G1 DVD's, but haven't spotted this scene so far when I occasionally have time to watch one.

Anyone have any idea which episode it's from ?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I dont know

maybe its just a rough copy or from the ad animation

im guessing its from season 1

My money's on 'The Ultimate Doom' Part 1.

All I have to say is lucky bugger......how rare getting a cel the original series. The last one I seen was going for $800US.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    My money's on 'The Ultimate Doom' Part 1.
    I watched part one and two last night to see, but didn't spot it. I'll have a look at part three sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason View Post
    I watched part one and two last night to see, but didn't spot it. I'll have a look at part three sometime.
    Sorry about that - I have quite a few Masters Of The Universe and She-Ra animation cels, and with those, it's easy to extrapolate the episode from the numbers and letters at the top of the cel. Thus I thought maybe the '11' at the top of your cel meant it was from Episode 11 - 'The Ultimate Doom' Part 1, which contains lots of Megatron and similar quality animation. However, I've since looked at a bunch of other Transformers cels and can't find any logic to the letters and numbers, which is annoying. If I come up with any revelations, I'll let you know.

There's a pretty similar frame towards the end of Dinobot Island Part 2, where Megatron is getting up off the ground, so maybe ur looking for a scene like that...

Sorry about that - I have quite a few Masters Of The Universe and She-Ra animation cels, and with those, it's easy to extrapolate the episode from the numbers and letters at the top of the cel. Thus I thought maybe the '11' at the top of your cel meant it was from Episode 11 - 'The Ultimate Doom' Part 1, which contains lots of Megatron and similar quality animation. However, I've since looked at a bunch of other Transformers cels and can't find any logic to the letters and numbers, which is annoying. If I come up with any revelations, I'll let you know.
    No problem, it gave me an excuse to watch a 'The Ultimate Doom' again !

I'm now thinking it may be from one of the 'More than meets the eye' episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    There's a pretty similar frame towards the end of Dinobot Island Part 2, where Megatron is getting up off the ground, so maybe ur looking for a scene like that...
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

The A11 on the cel means 'A' is the layer of the cel which is the top layer and the '11' is the order of the scene/cel if that sort of explains what they mean.

The other number '200' involves something.