Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 364651525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Government to censor the Internet

The smallest Netflix package is 9.95 a month, worth it imo

That said, this is the Abbott/Turnbull govt we're dealing with, they probably think a firewall is something that goes around a barbecue...

Does the Netflix "Download for later" work for watching on PC?

The biggest reason I haven't signed up to Netflix is because my internet is crap, and streaming just doesn't work. I can't even watch Youtube between 4-9pm as it is now (and that is when I would do most of my Netflix watching too.)

I didn't even realize they were offering a download service. If it applies to PC too, then I'll probably look at signing up in the new year!

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post

The biggest reason I haven't signed up to Netflix is because my internet is crap, and streaming just doesn't work. I can't even watch Youtube between 4-9pm as it is now (and that is when I would do most of my Netflix watching too.)

I didn't even realize they were offering a download service. If it applies to PC too, then I'll probably look at signing up in the new year!
    Not yet it seems, so far just for the mobile apps, but might be supported in the Win10 app?

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post

The download service is new, but I imagine it works like Google play, download the movie and you have 2 days to watch it before it expires.

If you're unsure just get a friend to login to their Netflix account from your PC and see if the download option is available.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Not yet it seems, so far just for the mobile apps, but might be supported in the Win10 app?
    Cool, thanks for the info. Still running Win7 here though

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    The download service is new, but I imagine it works like Google play, download the movie and you have 2 days to watch it before it expires.

If you're unsure just get a friend to login to their Netflix account from your PC and see if the download option is available.
    All the friends that live near me are in the same boat. So none of them have a Netflix account But sounds like its still not really what I am looking for.

Sigh, they've actually started this rubbish, the pirate bay is "blocked" in Australia now through a few major ISPs with more ISPs and torrent sites to follow soon.
    I mean they still can't stop us using proxies or any of the many mirrored versions of TPB that exist (although they are going to the effort of blocking mirrors as well), but in my opinion this is the beginning of the end of aussie internet.
    I can honestly see certain streaming websites being hit next just because some US company owns the rights to certain TV shows, despite the fact that a lot of things NEVER get released in Aus.
    Next step, blocking everything the government doesnt want us to know, believe or think
    Last edited by DarkHyren; 23rd December 2016 at 01:45 AM.

See, that's why I've been so pissed off about it. People think "oh no, that will never happen" but it eventually will. The nutcases backing some of the politicians wanted abortion, euthanasia, and satanic websites all blocked too. One day it will likely happen. As you say, this is just the start

Eventually we will only be able to access Chinese propaganda sites.

I don't dare laugh, because I fear that's where we are headed

Save us TPB, you're our only hope.