View Poll Results: LA12 Stinger - worth getting?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah - looks awesome!

1 12.50%
  • Only if cheap

1 12.50%
  • Only if...

1 12.50%
  • Na

2 25.00%
  • A C-lister toy for a C-lister character - no way

3 37.50%

Thread: Toy Review - LA12 Stinger

Default Toy Review - LA12 Stinger

Name -Stinger
    Series - Age of Extinction
    Sub-line – Lost Age
    Size/class – One-Step Changer
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 3
    Released here – not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $16
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Pagani Huayra
    Main Features/Gimmicks – One step transformation
    Main Colours – Crimson, Black
    Main Accessories – None

Vehicle Mode
    Gorgeous! Actually turns into a Pagani Huayra and really does justice to this sexy sports car. The paintjob is fantastic and the details like the headlights are top notch! If you want a movie accurate alt-mode Stinger then this is (the only one at this stage anyway) toy to get!

Robot Mode
    Actually looks a lot better in real life than I thought it would – pics don’t really do it justice (my camera certainly doesn't ). Lots of detail to be found everywhere, a lot more than in most other one-steppers. Just a shame he has zero poseability .

Transformation
    It’s a one-step changer – one step

Overall
    For the relatively cheap price (though now he is becoming harder to find online the prices are going up) he is totally worth getting! I was going to get the deluxe version of Stinger (which is a repaint of a BBee figure) for the robot mode but this toy looks so good I think I’ll cancel my order. Grab one of these guys if you can

Ordered from Amazon JP. My Japanese contact told me, "But this toy is for small children. Are you alright?" Anyway, I'm reserving judgment until I get this toy (or otherwise am able to see it IRL); I'm having it sent w/ MP Bumblebee, so it won't be for a while.

the only reason i'm hesitant about the deluxe version is exactly that -it's not a Pagani. I can live with the robot mode but knowing that the alt mode is a Camaro doesn't sit well upstairs

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    the only reason i'm hesitant about the deluxe version is exactly that -it's not a Pagani. I can live with the robot mode but knowing that the alt mode is a Camaro doesn't sit well upstairs
    Know that feel. It's even more a slap in the face because it's a Camaro as well. I feel like my transformer collection has more Camaro's than transformers

The alt mode for the one step changer though does look pretty good. I would buy it, but then I would want all the one step changes. So only reason I'll pass, is my OCD to complete a set/line

Is it licensed by Pagani?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Is it licensed by Pagani?
    Yes

Thanks for the link. It's a shame that we won't get a 'proper' deluxe Stinger anytime soon, although the red Camaro makes sense.

I got mine last week (same time as MP Bumblebee). It's the same style of one-step transformation as One Step Lockdown, which I still consider to be the weakest of the 1-steppers, but thankfully Stinger pulls it off a lot better than Lockdown does. Gimmick-wise, Stinger is what Lockdown should be... clips in and stays in car mode (whereas Lockdown can be a pain in the butt to get into car mode, and is prone to spontaneously popping back out to robot mode). So this toy is actually substantially better than what I was expecting. And of course, the best thing about this Stinger is that he is not a redeco of another toy! Thus far the only original-mould Stinger toy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    And of course, the best thing about this Stinger is that he is not a redeco of another toy! Thus far the only original-mould Stinger toy.
    Indeed.
    Sad that it's a little one step instead of a deluxe pagani, but you can't win them all i suppose