View Poll Results: Hardhead with Furos - worth getting?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Headmaster Hardhead - hells yeah!

23 95.83%
  • Only if cheap

1 4.17%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Your head would have to be thick - not hard - to buy this toy!

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Hardhead with Furos

hah, you're right - armoured transport indeed.

Although I'd call the guy behind the gunner a "spotter" as he can't really load the canon from there

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I bought hardhead this week, and I have to admit that I'm impressed.
    I was very shocked at the tiny size of the titan masters, but the amount of detail makes up for it.
    Very much looking forward to what other figures have to offer.
    One question, do the front treads tab in anywhere? They dont seem to?

9 /10

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    One question, do the front treads tab in anywhere? They dont seem to?
    That's two questions. Hopefully this can answer both.

Was never a fan of Generations Warpath (I found him bland) who also transforms into a somewhat similar four track tank but Hardhead is really what I wish Warpath could've been. Hardhead has more going for him with the versatility of the headmaster feature and the tank mode is more futuristic.

In Warpath's - POW! - defence, he does have more - KABLOOEY! - features in his tank mode. He's got a - ZAP! - rotatable turret with a barrel that can elevate and - BLAM! - retract as well as a missile launcher. The treads may not be that - ZOWEE! - realistic, but overall it's an arguably more realistic looking tank than - SPLAT! - Hardhead. Other than carrying Titan Masters and having a barrel that can - PEW! - elevate, Hardhead's tank mode doesn't - BORT! - offer as much play features as Warpath's. It's still a - WHACK! - nice tank mode, but they're just achieving different - BOOM! - things; Warpath bears closer resemblance to a - CRACK! - light tank whereas Hardhead is entirely based on a - SMASH! - fantasy tank. Generations Warpath is certainly a big improvement over - ANGRY GIRAFFE NOISE! - G1 Warpath which was a terrible pegwarmer.

I like IDW Hardhead's self description, as mobile/reserve artillery rather than tank. Kinda glad we got this guy rather than the planned/rumoured Warpath repaint as the two separate moulds work well for the respective characters.

Having said that, with Hardhead's cannon being removable I'm predicting further uses of this mould/engineering may have different weapons in place

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I like IDW Hardhead's self description, as mobile/reserve artillery rather than tank. Kinda glad we got this guy rather than the planned/rumoured Warpath repaint as the two separate moulds work well for the respective characters.

Having said that, with Hardhead's cannon being removable I'm predicting further uses of this mould/engineering may have different weapons in place
    Thank you, prjkt.

I have to admit this guy is pretty good, I was expecting to like Skullcruncher more, but this guy is way better. He's not nearly as obviously hollow and his Titan Master gimmicks work without compromising the overall toy.

Hardhead is the best Hasbro deluxe I've seen in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I have to admit this guy is pretty good, I was expecting to like Skullcruncher more, but this guy is way better. He's not nearly as obviously hollow and his Titan Master gimmicks work without compromising the overall toy.

Thank you, Lord Zed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

Agreed!

He's full of detail and the he has more paint apps than most deluxes from the last few years. The only complaint I can think of is that I wish he was upscaled as a voyager.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!