• Not interested

0 0%
  • Prefer Hasbro version

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Unite Warriors Computron

Comparing Betatron with Computron

Superion, Betatron & Computron

i still haven't opened mine! really i went with this version because of the torso/scattershot changes compared to the hasbro one as i didn't want it to look the same as superion. will try and crack it open today.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Name – Scattershot

As I mentioned in the CW Scattershot review thread, I think that Hasbro did a commendable job in repainting Silverbolt to make him look like Scattershot, but UW Scattershot just outclasses that toy as the most G1-accurate version of this mould thus far. Although that's not to say that CW Scattershot is a bad toy though. Bear in mind that it was released significantly earlier than UW Scattershot, so TakaraTOMY had the benefit of hindsight and being able to make additional improvements.
    I know new Scattershot is more posable but it's amazing how well G1 Scattershot holds up after all these years. I think he looks better than the new version hands down.

That's the thing about G1 -- most of those toys were actually really good for its time. Whenever I see people retroactive criticising G1 for being "bricks" etc., I remind them that they need to be mindful of what this toy meant at the time of its release, not by current day standards. The entire reason why the Transformers franchise was so popular in the 80s was due to the strength of the toys.

A bit late to the party, but I love what TakaraTOMY have done with this set. Every figure looks great, even though this set is composed of remoulds and a redeco with a new head (Lightspeed).

I particularly like Strafe. He's to Blast-off what Swindle is to Rook, which is heavy remoulding with the same base engineering and a few common parts, and the result looks amazing. Scattershot is also good - the remoulding (on top of what the Hasbro version has) and paint really helps to differentiate him from Silverbolt.

With all the new weapons, this is also probably the most heavily armed combiner team in either CW or UW.