0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Had an AWESOME time owning NOOBS yesterday. Absolutely annihilated the other team. I'm sad coz my 25:1 score happened right at the end, freaking soldier class whirlwind.

MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

I haven't tried playing this online yet... still trying to finish the single player campaign first.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I haven't tried playing this online yet... still trying to finish the single player campaign first.
    The most addicting thing with online play is the bot customisation. Every time you level up there's something you unlock to tailor your bot to your playing style. Keep plugging away at that single player GOK and get those reflexes up to cat speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    Had an AWESOME time owning NOOBS yesterday. Absolutely annihilated the other team. I'm sad coz my 25:1 score happened right at the end, freaking soldier class whirlwind.

Owning Noobs is no victory, just depletes the player pool.

But at least people are playing that is good.

<---I is a gaming noob. I can guarantee if I ever join an online game I would get my arse handed back to me something chronic!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Owning Noobs is no victory, just depletes the player pool.

But at least people are playing that is good.
    Bit harsh mate. And no rules are bent or broken so yes, it is a victory.

Yeah but it's a game and it's nice to give novices more of a sporting chance to play. Some games have a handicap setting to cater for this (e.g. Street Fighter). There are other ways experienced players can handicap themselves, e.g. intentionally using low powered or melee weapons, intentionally moving out of cover etc.

One thing that frustrates me as a noob is when I join a game and I constantly get pwned. The games just not fun for me cos it's like - spawn - get killed - respawn - get killed - respawn - get killed... ad infinitum. Being constant cannon fodder isn't fun, so eventually I give up on playing and I never improve. Sometimes when I play Star Wars Miniatures against a noob I'll intentionally do things to give them an advantage over me (e.g. field a weak team, never combine fire, move out into the open etc.). Cos yeah... if I ever try to play this game online, and all that happens to me is that I get constantly hammered... then I'm just never going to play the multiplayer mode again.

A friend of mine that is has an unhealthy fixation with internet memes once said a wise thing to me.

L2Play.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah but it's a game and it's nice to give novices more of a sporting chance to play. Some games have a handicap setting to cater for this (e.g. Street Fighter). There are other ways experienced players can handicap themselves, e.g. intentionally using low powered or melee weapons, intentionally moving out of cover etc.

One thing that frustrates me as a noob is when I join a game and I constantly get pwned. The games just not fun for me cos it's like - spawn - get killed - respawn - get killed - respawn - get killed... ad infinitum. Being constant cannon fodder isn't fun, so eventually I give up on playing and I never improve. Sometimes when I play Star Wars Miniatures against a noob I'll intentionally do things to give them an advantage over me (e.g. field a weak team, never combine fire, move out into the open etc.). Cos yeah... if I ever try to play this game online, and all that happens to me is that I get constantly hammered... then I'm just never going to play the multiplayer mode again.
    its not really a game where you can really go easier on the opposing team... if you are constantly dying, first thing to do is find your team mates and follow them - strength in numbers.

I try to learn the map (via youtube, private match or invisible charater) or a techniques to stay alive (via youtube, blogs). I have gone from bottom of the heap in matches to the middle with a cloaked scout. Becoming an efficient killer is my next hurdle.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose