Thread: How do you remove the tampo/stamp from the FP causality figures

Default How do you remove the tampo/stamp from the FP causality figures

How do you remove the tampo/stamp from the FP causality insecticon figures? I've read u need isowhatever alcohol but i dont have it, i tried metho but that didn't work anyone intending to do the same? let me know! Thanks!

Isopropyl alcohol (I'm assuming this is what you meant) only costs a few dollars from any pharmacy.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    How do you remove the tampo/stamp from the FP causality insecticon figures? I've read u need isowhatever alcohol but i dont have it, i tried metho but that didn't work anyone intending to do the same? let me know! Thanks!
    Are you talking about the 'elemental' symbols on their chest? I imagine that it can removed with isocol and some persistant rubbing. You always have to be persistent with it as it doesn't rub off right away and I imagine the FP figures using higher quality paint than Hasbro's requiring more.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reprolabels releases a set of stickers that cover them for a more G1 look anyways. I'll be waiting for that but I kind of like the existing symbols anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Are you talking about the 'elemental' symbols on their chest? I imagine that it can removed with isocol and some persistant rubbing. You always have to be persistent with it as it doesn't rub off right away and I imagine the FP figures using higher quality paint than Hasbro's requiring more.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reprolabels releases a set of stickers that cover them for a more G1 look anyways. I'll be waiting for that but I kind of like the existing symbols anyway.

You're a prophet! They have, and mine arrived today. much improved.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Hmm, I want to wait and see what they come up with (sticker-wise) for both Stormbomb and Backfiery before I get the ones for Thundershred; they do look pretty good but I'm happy with just a faction logo IMO.

Does Backfiery have a symbol? I can't see it anywhere.
    Last edited by kup; 27th September 2011 at 03:35 PM.

Can't say I've seen a clear enough photo to answer you Kup dude, trust me - I'm keeping my eyes peeled on that figure, I want it so bad!

Backfiery does indeed have a symbol, it's on the right side of his chest in robot mode. Looks like a little flame

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Backfiery does indeed have a symbol, it's on the right side of his chest in robot mode. Looks like a little flame
    Yeah the new release photos have it but the older ones don't.

anyone successfully taken off these stamps?? I have tried the ispropyol thing i rubbed it on and off but nothing came off i must admit didn't try very hard mainly i didnt want to damage the plastic in anyway. (just in case) know of any links where people have done it? just so i can read up on it.