Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Maz's Articles & Reviews

Maz is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That was easily the most comprehensive 'review' of Tracks that I have read so far.
    Thanks dude, I hope it was useful and enjoyable for you.

All the best
    Maz

Default New World (pre-) Order

I did something incredibly stupid recently, I looked up all the figures I had on pre-order across the internet and totaled the amount. I have over $1000 invested in pre-orders for toys that do not even exist currently. Discussion about the pre-order culture that permeates the Transformers fandom is not new, but taking stock of how deeply I had gotten into it myself really shocked me into re-evaluating how I go about buying toys. That re-evaluation resulted in my placing further pre-orders for MakeToys Gundog, Ocular Max Sphinx Alternative and Masterpiece Ramjet. So, instead, I asked a few more sensible and wise folks what their opinion on the New World (Pre-) Order was.

New World (Pre-)Order | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Default Gaps

We have it good as Transformers collectors currently, we have it very good. The flagship Takara Tomy Masterpiece line has sped up and started to put out new figures at a respectable rate. Takara Tomy’s Transformers Legends, Unite Warriors, together with Hasbro’s Generstions, Combiner Wars and soon Titans Return are giving collectors updated toys of characters once thought impossible, proper updates of G1 combiners, Headmasters and recognised TF personalities.

Between Hasbro, Takara Tomy and 3rd Party companies, characters from the IDW comics are also seeing impressive representation allowing collectors to fill out desired line-ups. However good we have it now, there are still gaps that need filling on collection shelves for those who desire a complete run, crew roster or team depending on what they collect and enjoy.

Gaps | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    However good we have it now, there are still gaps that need filling on collection shelves for those who desire a complete run, crew roster or team depending on what they collect and enjoy.
    More so for those of us who only collect Transformers(TM).

Nice, Goktimus, like the pic in your sig too

Anyway....

The Mapes twins, known throughout the global Transformers community, have built a Transformers museum. Not content with the regular 12 to 15 photos used in our collector interviews, David and Steve’s collection requires a full complement of 36 images for us to properly appreciate the scale of their Transformers and collectibles show home, including a world-beating selection of campaign/Lucky Draw Transformers. Beyond the amassing of toys, the twins have contributed hugely to the convention scene in the UK as well as other well known collectible brand communities and projects. Regular and friendly faces at Auto Assembly and online, please take a seat and enjoy a wonderful journey through (most of) their spectacular collection.

Collector Interview 43 – David & Steve Mapes | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Anyway....

The Mapes twins, known throughout the global Transformers community, have built a Transformers museum.
    As we say in Australia: "That's not a Transformers museum, this is a Transformers museum"

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    As we say in Australia: "That's not a Transformers museum, this is a Transformers museum"
    It ain't a museum until I see G1 napkins dammit

Cheers Maz for another great article.

That's a spectacular collection.
    Jealous of the unreleased G2 they managed to find

I admire their dedication.

A padded recliner chair in the middle of that room and I'd be sitting there for hours, rarely blinking.

Default 1987 Autobot Monsterbots

Cheers for the great comments, guys!

Onto this week...

Discovering overlooked parts of Generation 1 is a finite experience for me, but one that I treasure and value, because of how quickly it can be over forever. The 1987 Autobot Monsterbots are one of the most bewilderingly pleasurable discoveries I have made in the last year, toys that I had mentally written off as not for me, and mistakenly believed to be 1988. It turns out I had even once owned a complete set of the Monsterbots over a decade ago and had completely forgotten about until I dug up photos last week. The Monsterbots – made up of Doublecross, Repugnus and Grotusque – are gems from 1987, the start of the gimmick era and possibly the best year for vintage Transformers ever.

1987 Autobot Monsterbots | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz