Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    No update yet? May be worth a follow up inquiry...

I have resent the email to the contact address that is now on the website posted in the first post of this news topic, which says the following...

We are aware that Bissett Magazine Services (the company managing your subscription) has closed and we are working with several other publishers to ensure your subscription continues with as little disruption as possible. We have setup the email and phone number below so you can get in touch with our UK customer service team without calling an international number - the line is open from 16.00 to 23.00 AEST Monday to Friday.
    We will update this site with more information as soon as possible but please rest assured we are looking at a number of options to keep your subscription running and we can guarantee we will keep your issues reserved for you.
    Email: customer_service_aus@hachette-service.com
    Tel: 283787931

I'm not sure if that phone number will work, as there is too many digits for a landline, and not enough for a mobile number... it was likely to have been typed up by someone in the UK.
    It might be a Sydney number, with the "02" prefix missing the 0, which is how you would call the number if inside the UK, with the country code (when you dial into Australia with the 61 country code, you drop the 0 from the state prefix of a landline number, or 0 from the start of a mobile number).

I'll give them a day to reply, and then I'll start spreading the word about this contact email on other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I have resent the email to the contact address that is now on the website posted in the first post of this news topic, which says the following...

I'm not sure if that phone number will work, as there is too many digits for a landline, and not enough for a mobile number... it was likely to have been typed up by someone in the UK.
    It might be a Sydney number, with the "02" prefix missing the 0, which is how you would call the number if inside the UK, with the country code (when you dial into Australia with the 61 country code, you drop the 0 from the state prefix of a landline number, or 0 from the start of a mobile number).

I'll give them a day to reply, and then I'll start spreading the word about this contact email on other sites.
    I guarantee you're right, they've dropped the 0 in favour of the 61 and not replaced it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The very basic reply I got from Hachette in the UK, which doesn't inspire much confidence in them finding a solution to this...

Hi there
    Thank you for your email.
    We are looking to find a solution so you can finish your collection. We will be taking over all the Australian subscriptions but it may take a little time.
    Please keep an eye out for announcements on this. You will be updated as soon as possible.
    If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    If you were subscribed, I would recommend contacting them at the email address noted above, to see if they put you on a mailing list - Email: customer_service_aus@hachette-service.com
    At the very least, the more people here who are known by them, the more likely one of us will be updated with some news from them... even though it has already taken a month now with nothing set up or an update. (we should have received two volumes last week if Bissett didn't collapse)

I was in the newsagent yesterday and they had the latest starship (115) and there were some new transformers books on the shelf, a week ago they had none of either. so they must have found a solution, perhaps it's taking them a while to get the subscription information out of the local company.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Fatbot posted on facebook that he got an email saying it is going through eaglemoss... but other people including me didn't get that email.

Fatbot posted on facebook that he got an email saying it is going through eaglemoss... but other people including me didn't get that email.
    Yeah, I've received zilch...

Yeah, I've received zilch...
    Yep I received nothing either

I've just emailed both Hatchett and Eaglemoss about this so hopefully will get some more info on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yep I received nothing either

I've just emailed both Hatchett and Eaglemoss about this so hopefully will get some more info on the situation.
    Keep us posted

Any work on this yet?

Also, did a payment go out before they cancelled the subscription?

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Keep us posted
    Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Any work on this yet?
    Well I got the exact same response email from both Hatchett and Eaglemoss, 4 minutes apart and from the same person, even though the email addresses the reponses originated from differed, so obviously they must have a single person handling both inquiry accounts:

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your email.

Sorry to hear this, we are looking to take over the subscriptions from Bissett but we don't have an eta as to when at this time.

We will be in touch with any information and keep an eye out for updates.

Kind Regards,

Joshua