Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Verno's TM Megatron fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Here are some pics man, I'm sorry that they're so terrible - I just couldn't for the life of me focus the camera on the spot I wanted it to, I was almost ready to put the bloody thing through a wall.
    The pics are ok, I am able to see where the break is and what's left. I think that it is just as easy to fix as Verno's Megatron from what I can see. All the important parts are there and if I need to make new parts, they would be internal so no aesthetic impact.

I'll take up the job

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The pics are ok, I am able to see where the break is and what's left. I think that it is just as easy to fix as Verno's Megatron from what I can see. All the important parts are there and if I need to make new parts, they would be internal so no aesthetic impact.

I'll take up the job
    Awesome, thank you very much dude.
    Would you prefer me to just bring him up to the next Parra fair or would you rather do it sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Awesome, thank you very much dude.
    Would you prefer me to just bring him up to the next Parra fair or would you rather do it sooner?
    It's up to you. Same either way for me.

It's up to you. Same either way for me.
    Okey doke, PM me your address details dude and I'll look at getting him posted to you by the end of the week.

I'm excited to see the results again.

But I'm curious about one thing...

If it wasn't Megatron, or a character of his calibre, would we all be going to such extraordinary lengths to get the problem fixed?

Something tells me: No.

Megatron is great

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

That's an interesting question dude, I think this particular Megatron and it's manufacturing oversight holds a bit of a spot with some of us - I know for me it's just an awesome figure that deserves to be saved.

It certainly is a kick ass toy/figure/mold. It's basically show accurate. All it needs (for when they do the Masterpiece version in a few years ) is a plate to cover the robot arms in Beast Mode, and for the rotors to rotate forward as well as up.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    It certainly is a kick ass toy/figure/mold. It's basically show accurate. All it needs (for when they do the Masterpiece version in a few years ) is a plate to cover the robot arms in Beast Mode, and for the rotors to rotate forward as well as up.
    Man, don't make suggestions of Masterpiece Beast Wars figures, I'll never be able to get to sleep!

I'm excited to see the results again.

But I'm curious about one thing...

If it wasn't Megatron, or a character of his calibre, would we all be going to such extraordinary lengths to get the problem fixed?

Something tells me: No.

Megatron is great
    Yes I would. I have gone to much greater effort to fix 'lesser' character toys in the past. Continuing the BW toys with GPS theme, Torca comes to mind.

I have never put any emphasis on characters when it comes to judging if a toy is worth fixing or not. It's basically a matter of having a vintage toy that would be considered a junker back to an acceptable condition that someone would feel happy to have in their collection.

There isn't anything really wrong with the TM Megatron design, it's just that Hasbro for some reason decided to use plastic that is prone to GPS. The Japanese release does not have this issue at all and is very durable.

Despite what TFWiki says on the subject, the Hasbro release of Beast Wars TM Megatron does suffer from Gold Plastic Syndrome.
    Huh?

Toys commonly associated with Gold Plastic Syndrome

Transmetal Megatron