Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KO mp wheeljack

Default KO mp wheeljack

Just a word of warning if you guys didn't know already, KO mp wheeljack has just hit ebay.
    http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/151662619004?nav=SEARCH

This isn't a surprise to me, everytime I'm on eBay, thinking about buying Masterpieces I usually avoid the cheaper ones as they are most of the time KO's (thankfully they say they are KO's)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

this is the most disappointing product, I hope they get shut down.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

TAKASA TONY??? At least packaging shows it is obviously KO and not much of spot the tiny difference...

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    TAKASA TONY??? At least packaging shows it is obviously KO and not much of spot the tiny difference...
    If we can't prevent accurate KOs, the least they can do is have something obvious to identify them, on the toy and packaging... so at least the packaging of this one has something on it to identify it from online listings.
    And if there is something obvious on the toy out of packaging, even better.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Nice pick up. I miss the days when there are obvious mistakes in KOs.

There's also a "C" on the bottom left of the box where the autobot symbol goes.

Yeah, but these obscure errors aren't always quickly picked up at first glance and may only be noticed after purchase. Not all buyers are actively wary of counterfeits. And the "TAKASA" thing is most likely a typo rather than a deliberate choice by the counterfeiters to 'help' collectors distinguish their filthy fakes from the legit figures.

Hopefully Hasbro's release of MP Wheeljack here will work to diminish the potential number of Aussies who might get stung by this thing. But I fear that there may be some collectors who missed out on getting both the TakTOM and Hasbro version who might be deceived by this fake. There are a lot of more casual collectors of Transformers who collect MPs; many of them don't have the savvy or knowledge to look out for counterfeits. Heck, let's face it, many of us more enthusiastic collectors have been unwittingly stung before. Gah... this is why I despise counterfeits so much!

This is a KO Version, not the Official one !
    Buyers who have a high request and standard on the item , please don't buy. I suggest you buy the Official one!
    i can't be angry at this guy. hey, at least he's honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i can't be angry at this guy. hey, at least he's honest.
    At least most of the cheap Masterpieces on eBay say "KO Version", but it's in the description so you better be careful.
    Though even then you still need to be careful with ones that don't say KO version, I've seen plenty of KO's from people who don't say if it's legit or not.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

But no matter how "honest" the initial dealers might sometimes be with these, it is what happens to them when they get into circulation. Some people will sell them on as the real thing knowing they are fake, while other people will try to resell them because they thought they were the real thing and they got a great deal (like Gen1 KOs that people resell, believing they are originals that they came across for a steal).