Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    He looks a lot nicer in that last pic
    indeed, as it takes time for me to manage how to use the new DC

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    It's not just you! It's everyone! And yeah - there are a couple of mods to make it work all the time. Head over to the discussion area - there's a thread I started about it too
    I'll link ya : http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2664

oh...i see, but in my case i don't think cutting the spine will help.
    As it was the rear wheel section causing such problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Cygnus,

Like my Henkei Ironhide, I noticed that your's also has a white/very-light grey face/crotch/upper thighs. Don't know if it's just me - but I kinda expected the colours in those sections to be darker than that...
    compare with universe ver., it was indeed in white color.
    Still better off if it was silver/grey...
    so customise is the only method ..

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Ironhide is the first Universe packaging I have seen to have the artwork of the bot deviate from the neutral pose.
    Looks mighty pissed does Ironhide.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Ironhide is the first Universe packaging I have seen to have the artwork of the bot deviate from the neutral pose.
    Looks mighty pissed does Ironhide.
    Hmm. Not a big fan of the box-art in general because they're all so robotic looking...one of the hallmarks of classic transformer box-art is the dynamic poses they have them in. Now that we have toys that are capable of the same poseability of the box-art - they stop doing dynamic box-art.

I also find it interesting that they're including the 'symbol-tattoo' things on the sides of their heads like on the movie Transformers.

The style of the Universe box art is meant to emulate the Movie, that's why the robots look especially mechanical. The hands are basically based upon Movie Prime's CGI hands, and yeah, they have cybertronix hieroglyphs on their heads.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Just wanted to say that I refunded my previous sideswipe as it has an arm that kept falling off at the ball joint and completely missed paint app.

New one I got has no issues except the left arm falls completely off (where is attached to the wheel at the white circle).

Sunstreaker just seems far more solid than sideswipe.

My Henkei Sunstreaker has an extremely loose erm... that black thing on his wrist that the door is attached to. Flops about all over the place, and my Universe Sunstreaker didn't have that problem.

Of course, I'll put up with this issue because it looks much better.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    they have cybertronix hieroglyphs on their heads.
    Thanks for pointing that out. That's really neat. I've had a good look at all the boxes I have:

Definitely Have Glyph
    Acid Storm
    Blades
    Onslaught
    Silverbolt
    Springer
    Prowl
    Sunstreaker
    Tankor

Might Have Glyph
    Roadbuster (top right of his head?)

Can't Find Glyph
    Powerglide
    Blaster
    Heavy Load
    Drop Shot
    Ratbat
    Dirge
    Sideswipe
    Silverstreak

Can anyone find it on those or clear up if I'm right with Roadbuster?

Roadbuster's is just the detailing from the toy's crest.

Thanks to Dirge I got a Universe Bluestreak today in order to fix the part that had very bad wet paint on my Henkei Streak:

I know that in the last week or so I have been bashing Tak-Tom a lot due to their recent streak (no pun intended ) of bad QC in their products (They still derserve it!). However when I placed both figures side by side in Robot mode I realized that despite the bad QC, the Henkei version still made the Hasbro version look like a cheap KO. The plastic on Universe is so cheap that its almost like a KO and its also noticeably lighter in weight than the Henkei due to the much thinner plastic. You can't really tell by the pics but when you see them side by side in Real life the cheaper quality is very noticeable.

I was regretting having bought the Henkei version due to the bad QC but after I saw how cheap the Universe version is when it comes to materials used to make it, I came to realized that Henkei is still more worthwhile than Hasbro's despite the exchange.

I was ready to support this version of the Universe figure in favor of Henkei but after this revelation I am afraid that I can't, the Universe one looks ridiculously cheap next to its Japanese counterpart and chrome has nothing to do with it.

When it comes to repairing the bad paint on Henkei; unfortunately I didn't realize that the 'gray parts' on the figure were much darker, almost Black on Hasbro's particularly the roof section which I needed. However the different color shades doesn't look too bad on Henkei and its much better than my repaint attempt at the Henkei roof.
    Last edited by kup; 6th December 2008 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Thanks to Dirge I got a Universe Bluestreak today in order to fix the part that had very bad wet paint on my Henkei Streak:

I know that in the last week or so I have been bashing Tak-Tom a lot due to their recent streak (no pun intended ) of bad QC in their products (They still derserve it!). However when I placed both figures side by side in Robot mode I realized that despite the bad QC, the Henkei version still made the Hasbro version look like a cheap KO. The plastic on Universe is so cheap that its almost like a KO and its also noticeably lighter in weight than the Henkei due to the much thinner plastic. You can't really tell by the pics but when you see them side by side in Real life the cheaper quality is very noticeable.

I was regretting having bought the Henkei version due to the bad QC but after I saw how cheap the Universe version is when it comes to materials used to make it, I came to realized that Henkei is still more worthwhile than Hasbro's despite the exchange.

I was ready to support this version of the Universe figure in favor of Henkei but after this revelation I am afraid that I can't, the Universe one looks ridiculously cheap next to its Japanese counterpart and chrome has nothing to do with it.

When it comes to repairing the bad paint on Henkei; unfortunately I didn't realize that the 'gray parts' on the figure were much darker, almost Black on Hasbro's particularly the roof section which I needed. However the different color shades doesn't look too bad on Henkei and its much better than my repaint attempt at the Henkei roof.
    Are you SURE that Universe toys use thinner plastic than Henkei's? Because thinner parts would mean they probably wouldn't fit together properly during assembly, and would likely also fail Hasbro's safety tests due to breakage.
    Last edited by FFN; 6th December 2008 at 06:44 PM.