Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Outback's Australian News

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 6th August 2018, 04:14 PM
shockNwave's Avatar
shockNwave shockNwave is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Jul 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
There is some bad new about the wave 2 Deluxes... but the two Dinobots are apparently in a later revision wave.

Keep an eye out on the AUS news section for a news posting this weekend about it.
Is "revision wave" another way of saying final wave? Because if so that means Australia will miss out on certain products due to our small market and I don't want to see either of these dinobots affected.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 6th August 2018, 04:21 PM
Galvatran Galvatran is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 13th Jan 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
There is some bad new about the wave 2 Deluxes... but the two Dinobots are apparently in a later revision wave.

Keep an eye out on the AUS news section for a news posting this weekend about it.
The suspense is killing me... or did I miss the announcement?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 6th August 2018, 06:26 PM
griffin's Avatar
griffin griffin is offline
Rank 10 - Admin
 
Join Date: 24th May 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 31,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
Is "revision wave" another way of saying final wave? Because if so that means Australia will miss out on certain products due to our small market and I don't want to see either of these dinobots affected.
A revision wave is usually in between waves, in that it doesn't (usually) contain any new toys, but does mix up the assortment to include other older toys that weren't in the main wave. The master cartons also have an "r" number after the wave number - like, w4r1.

This upcoming re-release of the Dinobots could be a revision case of wave 3 that includes some of the toys that are new to wave 3 (the Terrorcons and Firestar), or a "new" wave with all older toys (noted as wave 4 on the master carton), which is rare, as it is hard to sell a new wave to Retailers if it doesn't have any new product in it (they usually only do this when a series is more popular than expected, and Retailers are wanting more product of that series to fill the shelves until the next series starts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
The suspense is killing me... or did I miss the announcement?
Posted here on Saturday.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 6th August 2018, 07:21 PM
Galvatran Galvatran is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 13th Jan 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Thanks.

Do we know the reason why there was so limited supply generally? I believe the U.S. also had low stock to the stores. Yet wave 1 Deluxes are so abundant & clogging shelf space.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 6th August 2018, 07:38 PM
Paulbot's Avatar
Paulbot Paulbot is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Chadstone, Vic
Posts: 14,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
A revision wave is usually in between waves, in that it doesn't (usually) contain any new toys, but does mix up the assortment to include other older toys that weren't in the main wave. The master cartons also have an "r" number after the wave number - like, w4r1.

This upcoming re-release of the Dinobots could be a revision case of wave 3 that includes some of the toys that are new to wave 3 (the Terrorcons and Firestar), or a "new" wave with all older toys (noted as wave 4 on the master carton), which is rare, as it is hard to sell a new wave to Retailers if it doesn't have any new product in it (they usually only do this when a series is more popular than expected, and Retailers are wanting more product of that series to fill the shelves until the next series starts).

Just to note from info we have:
Wave 3 is Blot, Cutthroat, Sinnertwin (all new) and Jazz
Wave 4 is Firestar (new) and Darkwind, Slag and Rippersnapper.

Revision to wave 3 or 4 might see the two Dinobots re-released
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.