Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Outback's Australian News

Sightings/Sales

Old 13th July 2018, 08:08 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Is anyone else considering a fixtures purchase (outside of the big Prime statue others have mentioned). An actual toy rack to store your MOSC/MISB figure on?
Old 13th July 2018, 09:02 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Is anyone else considering a fixtures purchase (outside of the big Prime statue others have mentioned). An actual toy rack to store your MOSC/MISB figure on?
I cant tell if their prices are worth it, considering fixtures at most stores would be old and well used. I like the idea of having it look like you have an actual part of the store, with sealed items, especially if you have original 80s toys.
I was thinking of buying one of their blue baskets with the TRU logo on the side as a souvenir, and because it can also be useful.
Old 13th July 2018, 09:39 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I like the idea of a fixture for nostalgias sake, but I don't' actually know what I could get that wouldn't get in the way.

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Old 13th July 2018, 01:27 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

With 9 days to go, I don't see Barricade and Thundercracker hitting Perth, so if any WA members are after them, I'd suggest they see if an east coast boardie can help them out.
Old 13th July 2018, 05:38 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Found a Titans Return Skyshadow. Couldn't help but grab him with the 30% off. Glad to have him in the collection now.
Old 13th July 2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Someone literally beat me to the TF5 advertising banner. I ended up with a smaller TF5 advertising board (90cm 45cm). FREE.
Old 14th July 2018, 12:02 PM

Had a chat to a store staff at TRU Werribee. Apparently the Movie Prime statue belongs to Hasbro so will be eventually returned. So won't be part of the store fixture & fittings sale.
Old 14th July 2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
Had a chat to a store staff at TRU Werribee. Apparently the Movie Prime statue belongs to Hasbro so will be eventually returned. So won't be part of the store fixture & fittings sale.
Which seems odd, because the one at Rutherford literally has a For Sale attached to it. I can snap a pic of it, and you can contest it with them if you want.
Old 14th July 2018, 06:16 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Got this beauty from Castle Hill Toys'R'Us today. Had to pay for it but figure well worth it for an officially licensed piece of Toys'R'Us/Hasbro/Transformers/Optimus history. They apparently had a cardboard cutout of Optimus too which was already sold when I got there - did anyone here get it?

There were also a few Barricades and Thundercrackers left for anyone still needing them.
Old 14th July 2018, 06:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Thats awesome Bladestorm!!!!

Went by Highpoint TRU in Victoria yesterday. At least 5 Thundercrackers & about 10 MP Barricades that I saw if anyone is interested.
WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Carnivac, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Eject, Frenzy, Firestar, Razorclaw, Rampage, Divebomb, Headstrong, Tantrum, Sideswipe, Cog, Firedrive, Lionizer, Battle Patrol, Race Car Patrol, Rescue Patrol, Optimus Prime MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
PRIME(HASTAK): Thundercracker ENERGON: Six Shot