Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: TFC Toys Next Project: Superion!

Do like the jet-cone back kibble! Aerialbots just won't be the same without it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

I'm impressed.
    god these look good! my wallet is still bleeding from hercules, oh well ima gettin this guy too!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Interesting how a lot of discussion on other forums has centred around what scale TFC will use. Same as Herc or a shift toward the Giant scale. From the look of that hand my guess is that they're sticking with their Herc scale. It looks way to big to be any smaller.

Could be wrong though.

Looking really good here
    Hopefully not GIANT or HERCULES prices

That's looking pretty damn nice. I'd still rather a Superion in Giant / FP Bruticus scale but if one isn't announced before this becomes reality, I may well bite.

The jet modes in particular look really nice (I'm sure the underside is a mess) and a real departure from the blocky and uncharismatic vehicles of Hercules. Nice little details like seats etc go a long way for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    (I'm sure the underside is a mess)
    You can see their undersides in their limb modes. Looks like the robots will collapses into a more or less flat brick that will sit on the underside of their plane modes just like the Classics line Seekers. Overall not that bad and certainly not messy.

Looks good. Its going to cost me. Wondering what they will do with Silverbolt. He is larger so what will he cost.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Looks good. Its going to cost me. Wondering what they will do with Silverbolt. He is larger so what will he cost.
    Using the screw holes in the legs as a scale, these figs would be at least deluxe size. If Silverbolt is to scale with the limbs, then he's likely to be voyager sized? Looks like slimmer chances of TFC Superion being to scale with FP Bruticus

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Using the screw holes in the legs as a scale, these figs would be at least deluxe size. If Silverbolt is to scale with the limbs, then he's likely to be voyager sized? Looks like slimmer chances of TFC Superion being to scale with FP Bruticus
    First of all, it would be LUDICROUS for TFC to make a combiner out of scale with their own product.

FP Bruticus is bigger than his Scout/Deluxe combination suggests he should be. Certainly much larger than his original Bruticus Maximus configuration. Maketoys Giant isn't really in scale with FP Bruticus either - he's a fair bit bigger and bulkier, if not a lot taller. TFC Hercules isn't astronomically bigger than MT Giant either. So scales are all over the place. Superion is generally a more 'thin' combiner than Devs as well.

Personally, my Autobots are in one display while my Cons are on another - the only time they generally come together is when my kids are playing with them, which is obviously not something I'd let them do with my expensive 3rd party toys.

Other collectors like their toy's alt modes to be comparable in scale. Because of the mass shifting involved with combiners, this is usually a bit of an issue (Blast-off and Groove can GTFO), but FP employed genius in using an unmanned drone for their Blast-off. Meanwhile Superion being all made up of planes, he should be bigger than Devs and Bruticus.

As much as I like things to scale well on the shelf, the main reason I went with Giant over Hercules was the aesthetic of the individual bots and vehicles - they're worth displaying in all three modes, while Herc's components were very boring bricks. These guys look a lot more interesting and well done than Herc's components though, so this guy could definitely end up in my collection.

Very interested to see what they do with Silverbolt. Hopefully they ditch the Concorde and go with something a little more military. Hopefully not something completely left field (like a B52 or a Chinook etc).

Giant does not seem to be that much bigger than FP Bruticus, they are still within the same scale as one another from the comparison pics we have seen. Hercules on the other hand, looks out of place with FP Bruticus as his proportions are much blockier and that bit of extra height does take him out of scale from Bruticus.