Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What toys do you A: Regret not buying cheap, B: Found reasonably or C: Paid too much!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well I now have a new all time winner for 'spent too much'.

I really wanted the US-TRU exclusive G1 Kreo Grimlock set. But after my TRU account kept stuffing up and TRU could not sort it out I decided to get it posted to the same US friend who got my Hasbro MP Soundwave for me.

So, a $30US figure, $10US to get it shipped to my friend. So now $40US. But I think "What the hell, its small and flat and light so should be very cheap to post so should only cost me maybe another $15 at most". Give my friend instructions to use the cheapest possible shipping method as it cost me a bit when she shipped Soundwave.

Get contacted by my friend. I forgot she and her husband are lovely but not the brightest bikkies in the barrel (she took up 'bikini dancing' {apparently different from stripping} as a career at age 41 and he legally changed his name to 'Blade'). They said it cost them 50 damn dollars US to ship it! And when it gets here its in a box that could easily have fit 6 of this kit and they have used an expensive carrier!

So I just ended up paying $90US for a $30US Kreo set
    Ummm this is just my opinion and I'm sorry if I offend but your friends sound like morons. Unless this woman has a celebrity calibre body you should not take up bikini dancing as a career at 41.

Again sorry if I offend but I had to deal with more stupid than usual today and I've had my fill.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

1: What figures do you really want but you think have just gotten too expensive compared to their original price to warrant buying?

G1 Dai Atlas, Victory Leo, G1 Trainbots, Road Ceasar, Galaxy Shuttle, Actionmaster Elites Turbomaster and Windmill

2: What figures have been too expensive but after years of patience you finally found for a reasonable price?

G1 Bumblejumper, included in a BIN group lot with him in it, he turns out to be around $30 if I split the final price I paid for the lot.
    G1 Frenzy (Takara version) - found it in a Bookstore in Phils costing around 100 pesos ( again divide by 40 to get dollar conversion) which I thought oh wow, they don't know what they're selling!
    G1 Abominus loose - paid Php2,500 or it, it had all the combiner parts but not the individual guns, I thought the price was alright so bought it staright away for that price, heck I pad for almost half that for a minibot, and here I see 5 robots and a combiner (plus combiner parts) for that price... it was a steal heheheh
    Fort Max - Thank goodness for Encore.
    Trypticon - Gutsman sold it to me for less than $200, ballpark, can't recall exactly but I know it's less than $200

3: What figures did you know were way too expensive but you ended up buying anyway?

waaaay back when I was younger and just grabbed on to any G1 TFs I could find - this was before the Takara Book type release was even a rumour.... I paid for G1 Powerglide for 1000 pesos ( divided by 40 for conversion to Au$). I was thinking it was way expensive then but I did pay for it anyways coz I don't know if it's ever gonna be reissued... grrrr, it did. ah well. it's still with me.

G1 Overlord - coz he aint gettin a reissue any time soon... and I needed him to finally complete my G1 collection (US released characters only). Plus he was offered to me cheaper than ebay priced (still it's gone way up price wise thru the years so I considered it ... acceptable) and I did get to pay for it in terms and staggered heheheh...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Ummm this is just my opinion and I'm sorry if I offend but your friends sound like morons. Unless this woman has a celebrity calibre body you should not take up bikini dancing as a career at 41.

Again sorry if I offend but I had to deal with more stupid than usual today and I've had my fill.
    I find it more off putting that a grown man would legally change his name to 'Blade' when he is a pale skinny white guy and not a muscular African-American vampire hunter

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

So I just ended up paying $90US for a $30US Kreo set
    Ill make you feel better if i tell you how much guard city cost me

1: What figures do you really want but you think have just gotten too expensive compared to their original price to warrant buying?

G1 Bludgeon or any of the pretenders i am missing for that matter

2: What figures have been too expensive but after years of patience you finally found for a reasonable price?

closest one would have to be G1 Astrotrain, picked it up a couple of years ago MIB with bubble for a whopping $8.75

3: What figures did you know were way too expensive but you ended up buying anyway?

Targetmaster Scourge and Cyclonus
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

i regret not pre ordering the first four pack of the encore series first four for $200 now struggle to find them for around $200 Ea

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Takara Tomy MP-10 no thanks to MP-1 and then the rest of the cars that made me went crap, I need a prime. Ended up with current Hasbro version on pre-order.

I will add MP Sideswipe and Red Alert as I came in too late and paid more than what I would need to.