Thread: Competition Prize Acquisitions - past and present

Default Competition Prize Acquisitions - past and present

I'm still buzzing from winning a daily prize back from the TF Prime competition. As I've mentioned on other threads, as someone who's been collecting Transformers since 1984 I've entered more TF (official and unofficial) competitions than I can remember, but I very rarely win anything - so when I do, I get super happy happy joy joy over it. So here's a thread for everyone to share their happy joy feelings and stories about winning any officially Hasbro/Takara sanctioned Transformers competition. Go!

I've only ever won 3 times in officially sanctioned comps, which is a pretty low success rate because I try to enter as many official comps as I can! But my win record has been:

===STORY 1===

In 1986 as part of promoting Transformers The Movie, there was a newspaper (Sun Herald??) competition where you sent in a coloured drawing of your favourite Transformer to win prizes. I sent in over a dozen (maybe 20 or more) fully coloured drawings of numerous Transformers -- I remember stuffing them into a simple letter envelope (at the time I didn't know you could get A4 sized envelopes... it was just one I found lying around at home)... it was so full that the envelope was a BALL! I remember doing this at my next door neighbour's house - a single elderly woman who would sometimes baby sit me until my mum got home from work... and back then people still smoked indoors, so she'd be chuffing away while I was packing this envelope. I then walked around the block and shoved this oversized ball into the slot. Then months went by and I eventually forgot about this whole thing.

Then in 1987 - one morning as I was getting ready to go to school, the postman arrived with a package for me. I'd never received a package with my name on it before! My parents were surprised and so was I... I opened it and lo and behold it was Battletrap! Woo!! I was so excited that I opened the toy as soon as possible and shoved it in my pocket so I could play with it at school. (luckily I managed not to lose his gun)

Thank you, Hasbro Australia!

===STORY 2===

In 2002 I pre-ordered Megaplex which automatically placed me in a draw - I didn't know or care about this... I just wanted Megaplex. And apparently other eHobby preorders place people into a draw too, and I'd never won of those before. So it's just something I don't bother to think about even though I've always pre-order my eHobby TFs. But this time they actually drew my name - so when Megaplex arrived so did a free eHobby ChromeStreak with a printed letter from Takara congratulating me on my win! (alas I've lost track of this letter, but I still have the envelope ).

Arigato gozaimasu, Takara!

===STORY 3===

This:

I bought Transformers, entered barcodes into web site, yada yada yada. Out of all these prizes Air Raid's my favourite. I'd been actively hunting this toy at shops but haven't been able to find any. But I got one now, so yay!

Thank you, Hasbro Australia!

--------------------------------------------------

awesome dude!, never won any myself :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I (many years ago) won $500 on a morning radio show in a competition called 'Fan-tastic' where you answered questions about whatever you were a fan of. Naturally I aced their (very basic) 3 TF questions and I got a good amount of laughs so was well pleased . I'd love to post in online for people to listen to but have never bothered to figure out how to make a video and post it on youtube. I really should get around to that if there is a dummies guide somewhere

Won Encore Skylynx from member Jetfire in the sky in his number guessing competition. (Thanks again JITS)