Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumbleebee Movie - first trailer

Default Bumbleebee Movie - first trailer

The first Bumblebee trailer is due out today, as noted last week by the new Bumblebee Movie facebook page, and actor John Cena...

... and today, the first trailer is finally here (on youtube), running for 2 minutes and 22 seconds, featuring Bumblebee in his VW form (and with a different robot chest at the end), and a transforming Decepticon jet (Starscream?), with a lead in voice over by the character Bobby Bolivia from the 2007 movie (the car dealer).

Edit - Paramount is once again redirecting Australians to an Australian Bumblebee Movie page, which has a slightly different version of the trailer, replacing the 3-2-1 countdown with words on screen when people are talking.

The official Bumblebee Movie social media pages to view or follow...

Facebook - US version (use this link to see American posts, because if you go to the main US page/link, it will redirect you to the Australian page)

Facebook - AUS version (if you are in America, you might be auto-directed to the US facebook page from this link)

Twitter

Instagram
    Last edited by griffin; 5th June 2018 at 05:47 PM.

Looks interesting.

Things I noticed

1. The plane Transformer (almost certainly Starscream) looks amazing. PLZ immediately provide a Studio Series quality toy of that. Is he a Harrier?
    2. I like that Bee is smaller in this than in the Bay films. I always felt he was slightly too large in those.
    3. Bee must change alt modes during the film - the kibble on him in the last scene is entirely different to the VW kibble seen beforehand.
    4. Designs are nice - I quite liked the first trilogy Bay designs for being quite alien. These are more familiar but from what I've seen probably as nice. I like for example that you can see the wings flip around with the rear boosters really clearly to sit on Starscream's (?) back, instead of everything just sort of morphing in a mass of moving parts like in the last 2 Bay films.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

That trailer actually looks pretty good. It feels like there’s more to the movie than just Baysplosions. I’m hoping this new Director brings something fresh.

And I love that shot of Starscream (which looks like a F4 Phantom to me)

I like the trailer, the voice over by "Bobby Bolivia' (RIP Bernie Mac) gave me chills.
    I'm not a fan of Bumblebee not talking but I can see why they've kept it if this is in fact the same universe as all the other live action films. I get a feeling it might be handled better this time though.

My favourite thing is that Bumblbees robot mode isn't overly gappy. he looks like he has a shell/skin/surface to his structure, something that clearly defines his profile but also he's not full of gaps making it easy for an enemy to attack his weaker internals.

I'll be interested to see what Rating it has.

Now all I have to do is avoid any further trailers till it comes out in December.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Ok so this looks quite promising, seems they are going with a G1 look, The shot with Starscream sold it for me, but, is it me or does Bumblebee appear feminine?, maybe it’s the headlights?
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

I think this might be the movie I will like. Kubo was a great movie so that and this trailer give me hope. I'm loving that Screamer has a G1 head and some RED on him

His chest looks like a jeep from M.A.S.H. when he is next to the Hummer that has been destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Ok so this looks quite promising, seems they are going with a G1 look, The shot with Starscream sold it for me, but, is it me or does Bumblebee appear feminine?, maybe it’s the headlights?
    Yep. Exactly my thoughts. I don’t like Bumblebee’s design.

I’m quite chuffed with the trailer - I think it looks great, as does Bee himself

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post

I'll be interested to see what Rating it has.
    Unless it’s MA15+ or something (which I’m sure it won’t be) I’m gonna take my son to see it on his 6th birthday (unless it come out late - what’s the release date again)?

Edit: Aw crap, it comes out two days AFTER his birthday