Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: April's Apprehensions

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Very excited about these new acquisitions. Copies of Transformers UK #79 and #80 (parts one and two of Target: 2006) signed by Simon Furman.
    Image and story snip.

Very niiice! Thats a good awy to store some of thise as well. I never thought about putting any of them in a picture frame!!

Heads off to see which ones would looks nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Alas no dirge he is the one i'm still looking for, the last loose dirge on ebay sold for $186 or so I took the chance of getting the sealed boxes. Plus it was fun opening each one!
    Ah I see, I see thanks. Well if you do come across an extra Red alert, Thundercraker or an extra Dirge give me a holler please.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I didn't have to outbid too many people, and I'm glad Sky Shadow chose other issues to bid on.
    Me too! I'm glad to find out I wasn't costing you more by bidding against you. (Like yours, my copies from Mr Furman were in much better condition than my beloved tatty original issues.)

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    very nice haul
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tjparkside View Post
    Thank you!
    you're very welcome
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Grabbed a DOTM Leader Ironhide for $12 at my local Kmart. I think it was a mistake as the Leader BBs were $49 and went to the scanner to see if Irohide was that price..........and he was even cheaper!!
    To Kmart! seriously that's got to be the deal of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    More upgrade fodder for when the Headrobots set comes out:

Please tell me you have one that you're not going to Mod, that was my favorite voyager from the DOTM line.

As a Christmas present in 1986, I was given two Transformers comic books. Issues 79 and issue 80. They were my first ever comic books and I loved them. I was hooked instantly.

So when I checked out that recent ebay auction for Beast Wars scripts, and had a look at other items Simon Furman was selling, I could not resist getting these. Copies of the two most important comics I've ever had, signed by the writer responsible?

I didn't have to outbid too many people, and I'm glad Sky Shadow chose other issues to bid on.

My new copies and my originals:

Awesome purchse, with so much meaning.

here are my simon furman purchases :

And I got this guy a while ago and just opened him up a week or so ago:

very intricate transformation, need to get everything just right. but there are some very nice elements that I didn't even notice till the instructinos said"put this here" but it was alredy there, the robot mode was very much not fully transformed out of the box.

I've been waiting for the 3rd Party kit to come through before opening this guy

also complex but good fun, I like the mold and the chrome swords really polish it off. I have decided not to worry about the head at this stage. Chrome is sooo hard to photograph.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've been waiting for the 3rd Party kit to come through before opening this guy<snip>
    also complex but good fun, I like the mold and the chrome swords really polish it off. I have decided not to worry about the head at this stage. Chrome is sooo hard to photograph.
    How are his custom weapons re. his hands? The original swords are really tight, and a lot of people have reported them breaking the fingers off.
    I really like the mold, so if they solve the danger of snapping his hands on two (and the head is cool to boot) I might get that kit.

Forgot about these, and surprised myself this morning visiting parents in Sydney!

Quite a shame, but won't be opening them for a while, don't have the room and there's no point for them to be sitting around collecting dusk and unappreciated when I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Grabbed a DOTM Leader Ironhide for $12 at my local Kmart. I think it was a mistake as the Leader BBs were $49 and went to the scanner to see if Irohide was that price..........and he was even cheaper!!
    Interesting... at my local Kmart Leader Ironhide was scanning for $89.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Really want to post pics of me new Takara Prime toys but I can't find the camera battery charger. Noooooooooooooo