Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie SPOILER discussion (anything goes)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    ^ Galvatron is car slicing guy, Lockdown is gun face. Well at least going by the toys and drawings, I guess there could be 100 identical robots.
    Interesting. I hope it's that way, as I wouldn't be a giant fan of having Galvatron having his cannon come out of his face. Where as for Lockdown, I'm down with that.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As for Snarl, Swoop and Sludge - who knows. Maybe Bay liked the sound of Scorn, Slash and Strafe - or someone at Hasbro actually said that the classic names could only be used if they were on a stegosaurus, sauropod, and a (one headed) pterodon?
    (Scorn is a Spinosaur and Slash is a Raptor)
    If they were doing a new Dinobot, they could have used the name Skar, the Dynobot medic from the Monstrosity comics as the fans would have accepted near any dinosaur mode for him as he was never shown with one. Oh well. As for Strafe, at a real stretch one could say the G1 character was a flyer that had two long gun things coming out the front, this guy flies as well and its just two heads instead. But I'm 100% certain that isnt it And Technobots and Dinobots are pretty much at opposite ends of the spectrum .

I wonder if the upcoming 'Rise of the Dark Spark' game is giving something away here? Apparently, according to the unconfirmed rumors about the upcoming trailer, the main human guy finds a Cybertronian artifact of immense power (which is apparently 'narly' looking). If the game is being tied in to the movie, have they just given away that the artifact in question is indeed 'The Dark Spark'?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    And Technobots and Dinobots are pretty much at opposite ends of the spectrum .
    Grimlock is Technobot Strafe's father in some universes...

I wonder if the upcoming 'Rise of the Dark Spark' game is giving something away here? Apparently, according to the unconfirmed rumors about the upcoming trailer, the main human guy finds a Cybertronian artifact of immense power (which is apparently 'narly' looking). If the game is being tied in to the movie, have they just given away that the artifact in question is indeed 'The Dark Spark'?!?
    I wouldn't be expecting much if anything in the way of movie plot devices showing up in the game especially since the Cybertron part takes place in the Prime universe. Plus even with the first and second TF movie games they kinda avoided major plot points even tho they were (terrible) retellings of the movie.

I wouldn't be expecting much if anything in the way of movie plot devices showing up in the game especially since the Cybertron part takes place in the Prime universe.
    The Prime Universe? I thought it was meant to be a sort of bridge between Fall of Cybertron and Age of Extinction?

The Prime Universe? I thought it was meant to be a sort of bridge between Fall of Cybertron and Age of Extinction?
    The events of the Cybertron games are all from the Prime universe. I haven't read them but I understand that the events of the games are all covered in the Exodus novel and The Covenant of Primus. They just went with the G1 look to the characters to sell it to us G1 fans.

^ Galvatron is car slicing guy, Lockdown is gun face. Well at least going by the toys and drawings, I guess there could be 100 identical robots.
    I can't remember if it was TFW of Seibertron, but on one of those sites someone had taken heaps of screen shots.

And the cannon headed robot in one of the shots had the Lamborghini emblem showing. So I think it can be confirmed that cannon is Lockdown.

The events of the Cybertron games are all from the Prime universe. I haven't read them but I understand that the events of the games are all covered in the Exodus novel and The Covenant of Primus. They just went with the G1 look to the characters to sell it to us G1 fans.
    Yeah what DELTA said is correct. So it'll be interesting how it groups together if at all. Seeming as it sort of talks about two worlds. It might in a sense be two separate universes in the one game for all we know? As mixing them together would be a little odd, and wouldn't really make sense in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Yeah what DELTA said is correct.
    Huh - well there ya go, I learned something I knew that WFC/FOC and Prime were all part of the Aligned continuity, along with the books (don't bother to read Exodus unless you really want to - its not great) but the earth Grimlock and Optimus looked very AoE to me so I assumed that's what it was. Ah well, that makes more sense and now I know better

Edit: Sorry to harp but are you guys really sure it's Prime and not AoE? I just watched the trailer again and it really seems like Optimus has his AoE body and alt-mode rather than the ones he had in Prime. Likewise with Grimlock.

Even TFW2005 is saying it's where the movie and FOC worlds meet:

Via IGN we can share with you the announcement trailer for the new Activision Transformers game, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - a game which sees the Movie universe and the Fall of Cybertron universe collide!

Huh - well there ya go, I learned something I knew that WFC/FOC and Prime were all part of the Aligned continuity, along with the books (don't bother to read Exodus unless you really want to - its not great) but the earth Grimlock and Optimus looked very AoE to me so I assumed that's what it was. Ah well, that makes more sense and now I know better

Edit: Sorry to harp but are you guys really sure it's Prime and not AoE? I just watched the trailer again and it really seems like Optimus has his AoE body and alt-mode rather than the ones he had in Prime. Likewise with Grimlock.

Even TFW2005 is saying it's where the movie and FOC worlds meet:

Via IGN we can share with you the announcement trailer for the new Activision Transformers game, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - a game which sees the Movie universe and the Fall of Cybertron universe collide!
    The Covenant of Primus bridges together WFC/FOC and Prime. How ever the trailer shows art/models of FoC and AoE put together. So no Prime art is physically in the game. Thus why it seems like a bit of a mess and doesn't make sense. As if they bridge the game to AoE. Then they would be voiding the book that bridges Prime and FoC/WFC. Which would make sense for the game. So they very well might be ignoring what was written, and have the game just go to the movieverse when they hit earth.