2 11.11%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction Autobot Hound (Voyager)

I like Hound, been playing with him a bit since opening him on the weekend. He's got a nice look robot mode and well detailed vehicle mode, and there's just enough paint apps in either mode IMO. The transformation's a bit simple, but I do like the way the top of the truck folds up to hide the front of the truck in robot mode. He'd be great if he could have been just a bit bigger. I'd sacrifice some of those guns for a larger size, but as a toy for kids those would make this the one to grab. Would have been great if he could have got a Leader class slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    He'd be great if he could have been just a bit bigger... Would have been great if he could have got a Leader class slot.
    Yes. This.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Yes. This.
    There's still future movies, Ironhide didn't get one until DotM.

Honestly, I'm more miffed about Lockdown only getting a deluxe. The best antagonist of all TF movies only gets a crappy deluxe!?!

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post

Honestly, I'm more miffed about Lockdown only getting a deluxe. The best antagonist of all TF movies only gets a crappy deluxe!?!
    From a vehicular scale POV it makes more sense. A Lamborghini Aventador is about 4.8m long and 1.1m high. I don't know what the exact dimensions for a Western Star 5700 are (the WS5700 is nearly 5x the weight* of a Lambo Aventador), but I'd wager that they'd be significantly larger than a Lamborghini Aventador. Sure, Lockdown is almost the same height as Optimus Prime in the movie, which appears to be a scale discrepancy. I guess AoE Lockdown can mass-shift between his car and robot modes. A Voyager Class Lockdown may be more to scale with Optimus Prime in robot mode, but he'd be oversized in vehicle mode.

Also, I guess that Hasbro didn't want to have a larger and more expensive Voyager Lockdown toy cross-competing w/ Voyager Galvatron.

--------------------------------------
    *Lamborghini Aventador is approx. 1.6t (1575kg); whereas the Western Star 5700 is approximately 7.7t (7711kg).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From a vehicular scale POV it makes more sense. A Lamborghini Aventador is about 4.8m long and 1.1m high. I don't know what the exact dimensions for a Western Star 5700 are (the WS5700 is nearly 5x the weight* of a Lambo Aventador), but I'd wager that they'd be significantly larger than a Lamborghini Aventador. Sure, Lockdown is almost the same height as Optimus Prime in the movie, which appears to be a scale discrepancy. I guess AoE Lockdown can mass-shift between his car and robot modes. A Voyager Class Lockdown may be more to scale with Optimus Prime in robot mode, but he'd be oversized in vehicle mode.

Also, I guess that Hasbro didn't want to have a larger and more expensive Voyager Lockdown toy cross-competing w/ Voyager Galvatron.

--------------------------------------
    *Lamborghini Aventador is approx. 1.6t (1575kg); whereas the Western Star 5700 is approximately 7.7t (7711kg).
    That's a fair point and I'll admit not something I really thought about. I definitely understand the reasoning behind it though it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. They should have done something similar to what they did with Animated Lockdown which was voyager size transformed, that way the scale wouldn't be as much a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post

You do know that Movie Leader Class figures are now limited only to Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock and Optimus Prime, maybe even Bumblebee and Grimlock, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    You do know that Movie Leader Class figures are now limited only to Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock and Optimus Prime, maybe even Bumblebee and Grimlock, don't you?
    I don't follow