Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turn the Ford Falcon car into a Transformer!

this has come straight out of left field :S
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Eehh, it wouldn't be the first time a car company has done a cross-promotion with Transformers. Remember the following?
    + Mazda RX-8 and Binaltech Zoom-Zoom (red version of BT Meister which also came out at about the same time)
    + Movieverse Bumblebee transforms into a 2009 Camaro... even though he appeared in the 2007 Transformers film
    + The Chevy Aveo TF promotion

...some car manufacturers have used faux-Transformers to promote their cars, but without needing to collaborate with HasTak or get involved with the Transformers franchise, such as:
    + the transforming Mini Cooper advert
    + Citroën's "alive with technology" campaigns

And there have been some stupid ones like Holden's campaign where the cars transform and tuck inside the drivers' bottoms as they walk away happy (presumably in excruciating agony), or the current Suzuki ad where bits of the car shift around for no apparent reason. But this would be a first for Australia though IIRC.

What ever this promotion ends up yielding, you can bet it'll be typically Fixed Or Repaired Daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    What ever this promotion ends up yielding, you can bet it'll be typically Fixed Or Repaired Daily.
    Or… Full Of (cosmic) Rust Deposits
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

It's about time a australian car manufacturer got in on the transformer title, I think it is because it now is the trend to have a autobot or decepticon logo on your car. Like the ones for the Mazda with the devil horns, I have seen plenty of cars with it on them. And as a road worker I see lots of cars with the autobot/decepticon logo on them. Actually i was in Rose Bay today and a Jeep Wrangler drove past with a massive autobot logo on the bonnet like Hound. I even have the decepticon logo on my XR6 falcon

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I guess eventually He or She will be Found On a Rubbish Dump somewhere, but I hope it'll be First On Race Day.
    If only it was Decepticon, it could race dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    . Actually i was in Rose Bay today and a Jeep Wrangler drove past with a massive autobot logo on the bonnet like Hound. I even have the decepticon logo on my XR6 falcon
    Thats cool! I saw a mustard coloured Jeep driving around with an Autobot logo the other day, all i could think was, he had the wrong badge cos he was driving Swindle crazy guy..

edit: Would be good if he put a semi retractable bonnet scoop on the one you saw, that could pop up with Hounds face on it, G1 style

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...some car manufacturers have used faux-Transformers to promote their cars, but without needing to collaborate with HasTak or get involved with the Transformers franchise, such as:
    + the transforming Mini Cooper advert
    + Citroën's "alive with technology" campaigns

And there have been some stupid ones like Holden's campaign where the cars transform and tuck inside the drivers' bottoms as they walk away happy (presumably in excruciating agony), or the current Suzuki ad where bits of the car shift around for no apparent reason. But this would be a first for Australia though IIRC.
    Our trains over in Perth are actually giant transforming robots too. never seen them as robots though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VEjf-nuR7o

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Or… Full Of (cosmic) Rust Deposits
    Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    I guess eventually He or She will be Found On a Rubbish Dump somewhere, but I hope it'll be First On Race Day.
    If only it was Decepticon, it could race dirty.
    Hehe

I'd be more favourable to this if it had been a Decepticon, I get the feeling though that it was always going to end up as an Autobot purely due to 'favourable' marketing reasons... I mean, who honestly could see Ford Australia promoting what could be their last Falcon model and it being the 'Bad Guy' in said advertising?

A missed opportunity.

Isn't it a good thing that this guy is done?

He's going to be an Autobot, he'll transform into a Falcon XR6 Turbo, will be Falcon Blue, and will be named Falcatron.

We'll know the character's concept art in the next couple of weeks.