View Poll Results: Generations Roadbuster - worth getting?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • OH MAN YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!

14 53.85%
  • Only if cheap

7 26.92%
  • Only if...

3 11.54%
  • Na

1 3.85%
  • I dont want this figure even though others think he's awesome

1 3.85%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Generations Roadbuster

Nice toy... horrible stickers.
    It looks like the sticker sheet was blown up a little because someone thought they would be too small for a kid to deal with... or too small for an adults thick fingers. All of the stickers are too big, so only half end up fitting.
    I ended up putting some of the stickers in other spots just to add a bit more detail to the toy, but some were still wasted.
    Nice idea, just ruined during execution.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    A bit of a disappointment for me. The transformation is super simple - not even as difficult as a deluxe for the most part. It's almost an up-sized commander class toy. No articulation in the hands and wrists at all. And despite his big clown feet, I've had some issues with balance.

To top it off, there are ports on the instructions that aren't on the toy, and even though I'm a fan of the stickers on him (and Whirl), the first few I put on don't actually fit on the toy where the instructions say they should go.

All decked out, he's an imposing figure for display, with some nice colours to boot, but it feels like a lazy cop-out of a toy by Hasbro. Could've been awesome, but just isn't.
    The clown feet can be adjusted but overall, that's how I feel about this toy. Feels very delicate and easy to break in places too.

Seeing this thread resurrected made me remember: I need to try to get a Cloud Roadbuster. Looks like he's still in stock most places, so now I just need to scrape together the money...

Resurrection of thread appreciated.

I got the TT one and despite really wanting a nice Roadbuster, I am really not feeling it with this guy for some reason. Vehicle mode is really nice, but the robot mode.... Just feels too flawed.

I did a vid review of him, where a piece broke off mid review. Also, the guns just seem a tad crap. Individually they look a bit like arse, and combined, they slightly less like arse.

I bought the reprolables set for roadbuster, which are way better than the official stickers that come with him.

So anyway, I never got a Cloud Roadbuster. But I did get vanilla Roadbuster! I'm quite happy with him, although I'll echo the reservations of others about the stickers. Particularly the chest symbol was difficult to apply properly - I really wanted to use the Wreckers symbol but ended up having to peel it off and reapply it so many times because it's just too big that it's now rather obviously a sticker. I'm sticking (hah!) with it though because it's always nice to have a variant faction symbol rather than just another Autobot.

He's a good looking toy, transformation is cool, lots of articulation and play value from the weaponry. I haven't had any QC or plastic issues with mine, and he survived a trip back from the UK where the zip failed on the suitcase, so make of that what you will!

Overall I think I'd recommend him, but he's not one of the truly outstanding pieces in my collection. I'm glad I bought him, but he's not Legends Brainstorm or CW Ultra Magnus level of awesome. Maybe I should have got the Cloud version after all...

The stickers are my only gripe with this Transformer, they're too numerous and don't always fit but at least they're not the those extra large ones where you have to pop air bubbles once they're applied. When it comes to the figure it has high poseability due to having double joints in the elbows, knees and behind the shins in close proximity to the ankles. Love the vehicle mode, it offers such generous clearance between the ground and the chassis and runs smoothly. And finally, this guy is so heavily armed to the teeth that I've never seen anything like this among other Transformers let alone the combinations of weaponry (I'm surprised there isn't a sticker of that damn dirty ape called Charlton Heston).

Overall I have to put this guy right up there with Generations Springer even though he's not a triple changer.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    And finally, this guy is so heavily armed to the teeth that I've never seen anything like this among other Transformers let alone the combinations of weaponry
    What about G1 Roadbuster? That toy comes with triple the number of accessories that Generations Roadbuster comes with, although a good number of that is armour and other accessories that aren't weapons. Although weapon-wise the G1 toy still outnumbers the Generations figure. But having fewer accessories isn't a bad thing, the large number of accessories on G1 Roadbuster was - IMHO - just downright annoying. Strip the toy down, transform it, put crap back on... and of course, most of those accessories end up getting lost. Another toy with more weaponry is Age of Extinction Voyager Class Autobot Hound.

Post-G2 toys are generally much better with incorporating accessories rather than having them just lie around as detachable and losable accessories. Generations Roadbuster has lots of places to attach his weapons in both modes, whereas a good number of G1 Roadbuster's robot mode accessories aren't used in vehicle mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What about G1 Roadbuster? That toy comes with triple the number of accessories that Generations Roadbuster comes with, although a good number of that is armour and other accessories that aren't weapons. Although weapon-wise the G1 toy still outnumbers the Generations figure. But having fewer accessories isn't a bad thing, the large number of accessories on G1 Roadbuster was - IMHO - just downright annoying. Strip the toy down, transform it, put crap back on... and of course, most of those accessories end up getting lost. Another toy with more weaponry is Age of Extinction Voyager Class Autobot Hound.

Post-G2 toys are generally much better with incorporating accessories rather than having them just lie around as detachable and losable accessories. Generations Roadbuster has lots of places to attach his weapons in both modes, whereas a good number of G1 Roadbuster's robot mode accessories aren't used in vehicle mode.
    Then the question is: "Does G1 or AoE Hound have as many weapons/accessories combiner combinations as Generations Roadbuster?
    Last edited by shockNwave; 17th February 2017 at 08:08 PM.

G1 Roadbuster: No.

AoE Hound: Yes, even more so than Roadbuster. Hound comes with 8 weapons, all of which can either combine with each other or all combine together to form one mega-gun. His main gatling gun has 3 configurations - hand-held mode without stock, hand-held mode with stock & vehicle-mounted mode.