Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of the Hasbro AOE Movie Lockdown
    Released here – No
    Approximate Price - AU $30-50 + postage
    Approximate Size – Car - length 12 cm, Robot Mode head to toe 13.5 cm
    Allegiance – Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Lamborghini Aventador
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Face Gun Mode
    Main Colours – Gun Metal, Black, Clear Blue Windows (car mode)
    Main Accessory/s - Face Gun with missile

The Hasbro version of this figure has been reviewed by Crystalcase here so I won't be going into to much detail with the Takara version. I will just touch on a few of the differences and show off a few pics

TAKARA VS HASBRO:

In vehicle mode (looking top down) the two are very hard to tell apart. From what I have seen in pictures and read (I don't have the Hasbro version in hand to compare) they are identical right down to the orange painted rear brake calipers in this mode.
    Flip the car over and you will see the differences straight away. The Takara version sports a mostly black robot body and head compared to Hasbro's mostly Gunmetal Brown/Bronze. On the Takara version it starts with his forearms which are mostly black with some silver detailing compared to the all silver on the Hasbro version but it doesn't stop there, the Takara version carries this black theme right up his arms and into Lockdown's shoulders (the black looks painted here rather then molded). His middle chest panel/flap is molded completely black with just the Decepticon logo for detail. His head is also painted black with a silver face and forehead. Lastly his legs have been molded black but show off the same silver and gold painted detail on the top of his legs as the Hasbro version.

OVERALL:

The fact that Lockdown converts to a Lamborghini Aventador and is one of the few Decepticons released in the generations AOE line made him an easy sell for me but I am still disappointed with his shortcomings.

In car mode he is an excellent representation of an Aventador. My problem for this mode is (apart from the fact he is quite small) is that there seems to be an issue with the mold (I have seen several complaints including mine) where some of the panels don't stay together properly, particularly the left door with the Decepticon logo. It seems the pin the door tabs onto (robot leg) is slightly misplaced as it causes an annoying gap near the mirror and windscreen. A painted raging bull would of been nice for the front of the car too considering it is supposed to be a licensed toy right?

Robot mode IMO would be the worst for this toy. While I feel all the extra black on the Takara version does makes him look better and slightly more screen accurate I really hate the squared of legs and flat arms. I really feel he would of looked better if the designers had given him more rounded off legs similar to the AOE Concept Camaro version of Bumblebee and rounder arms with some articulation in his wrists. A head gimmick similar to what we have seen with previous Bumblebee's where a panel slides down would of been a welcome edition from me as it would of been nice if we had the choice to display him in surveillance mode too!
    A word of warning with this toy BTW is that I can foresee it breaking at the shoulders if not treated carefully as they are supported with the brittle clear blue plastic the windows are mode of.

Because of his shortcoming's I'm not going to say rush out and buy this figure. I anticipate that his sales will come from only completists or Lambo lovers (like me) or maybe Decepticon sympathizers. I really feel Hasbro/Takara designers could of really made an awesome toy from this character but have fallen flat (pun intended )
    If you are one of the above I'll leave it up to you if you feel it's worth the extra bucks for stylish black version of this figure but otherwise just grab the Hasbro version when/if it comes to Aus shores.

PICS:

The packaging is pretty much identical to the Hasbro release with just the addition of the Japanese Katakana Symbols/writing stating his name and the Movie Advanced Logo

Screen to toy head comparison - I prefer the black/silver of the Takara version over the all silver with Hasbro's but as mentioned above would of loved a face mask gimmick.

Gotta love the smirk on his face here

Lets go hunting!!!

Behold! Face gun mode!!

Definitely the best thing about this toy An absolute sheer vision of beauty!

Comparing him to the Hasbro 1 step changer - There is not a lot of difference in their sizes

You got some nice snaps there, good review. I got the hasbro version. But I love it either way. Great figure imo.