Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum Dinobots

It's like G1's Earthforce saga all over again!

Visually the main thing that bugs me about the Dynobots' design is Grimlock's red hands. What's with that?! Perhaps the Dynobots could be transported back to Cybertron if Grimlock claps his hands three times and says, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home..." That crazy Wizard!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have a feeling that Furman is following his own story continuity with Maximum Dinobots and may not end up connecting it with AHM at all making the said comic series within a continuity Bubble of its own as it should have been from the start.
    I expected Maximum Dinobots to start off with 'continuity damage control' but instead its gone to tell its own story following the previous 'Furman' continuity
    As did I.

I have an inkling that Max Dino's was all but completed storywise before IDW went and pulled the rug out from under Furman's feet, meaning that it ties into his own "-tion" stories perfectly without trying to lower itself to the level of AHM.

I truly want to see what is going to happen in Max Dino's, I have ideas and theories but I am still intrigued by it.
    With AHM I find myself not caring what happens, as it all seems so irrelevant, as it's obvious as to whats going to happen regarding Prime and the Witwicky kid, and all the other plot points that have been brought up will be ignored.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

To me, it seems that AHM is in continuity with I/S/D/MD only because IDW as a business says so not because there is actual narrative in the books making it so unless something is radically forced in a single issue. So far there is nothing concrete in the narrative telling us that there is a conscious effort to amend these two 'continuities' into one and we are already late in the game.
    From a lot of comments regarding AHM and how it shows disregard for the established IDWverse in favour of having the Deceptions blow stuff up and the cast all from 84-86 (sans Drift), I think the only real way it can fit is through being a micro-continuaty of its own, rather than tying into everything else.

any idea when the next dinobots is coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    any idea when the next dinobots is coming out?
    Next week.

There is a 4 page preview (they forgot to add a page) at Comics Continuum.

Loving the Repugnus cover.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Those are both really nice covers, although the Repugnus-riding-Sludge cover does it for me simply because IT IS AWESOME.

Despite my dislike of the Dinobot designs, Maximum Dinos does seem to be the most rewarding of IDW's comics of late. Those Monsterbots were an awesome suprise.

Its kinda a shame it will all end soon to tie in with AHM cause I really like the idea of Scorpinoks Machination its nice to see Humans working with a Decepticon for a change rather than the more common sterotypes of hapless inoccents caught in the war. Reminds me a lot of RAAT. Despite his somewhat questionable writting I did rather like Budianskys perchant for using human characters who were shades of grey.

I can't help but always wonder where the monsterbots get their alternative forms. (Same with the Terrorcons for that matter but I can think of plenty of theorys that make alot sence for them)

Quote Originally Posted by Zahhak View Post
    I can't help but always wonder where the monsterbots get their alternative forms. (Same with the Terrorcons for that matter but I can think of plenty of theorys that make alot sence for them)
    Maybe they picked up Earth television broadcasts of old sword and sandal movies and though "Hey! Cool!" at the creatures, so they reformatted their alternate modes to appear like the monsters.

I've been wondering why such monsters were branded Autobots in the first place. Did Hasbro see all the monster Pretenders and Headmasters (who were nearly all Decepticons) shelfwarming and wonder how well monster Transformers would sell if they were Autobots?