Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1525303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast

Thread: June Acquisitions

Behold I shall call him mini megs!

I picked this little bugger up at Shin Tokyo him up for $17.90 members price. The box says Choro Q Robo Megatron so I'm assuming that's his name.
    His parts are a little stiff so it's a little tricky transforming him.

naw mcformers i had four of them

demolisher OP
    bb jolt

i cant find ransack but everybody else can!!

I was picking up my lay buys on friday at target when it had the 15% percent off toys at the release of the first wave of ROTF toys, but i was shocked because i went to Kmart and they had everything 20% so i went to Target cancelled my laybuys and went crazy at Kmart. Saved me at least 20 dollars and got myself a sunstorm and the purple shockwave, including Leader Megs, Leader Prime, Starscream and Breakaway. In additional I was working last night and was o bored and ended up bumping into this website LilFormers.com and my suprise they had those transformers liltransformer standees that you cut up, so i got my self some never tear paper which is made of plastic and printed the standees. And got the wife to cut em... hehehe. All in all pretty proud with the outcome here are some photos:

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru_oz
    The box says Choro Q Robo Megatron so I'm assuming that's his name.
    The toy's name is just "Megatron" but the sub-line is indeed "Transformers Choro Q Robo." Choro Q is a line of miniature "cute" cars with pull back motors manufactured by Takara (first released in 1978), so it's a like a crossover. Although it's not the first time - Microman also crossed over with Choro Q in the early 1980s and indeed G1 Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Bumblejumper are all actually based on Choro Q toy cars - that's why their alt modes are super deformed (most noticeably Cliffjumper's if you compare with a real Porsche 944). Choro Q toys were imported into some Western markets as "Penny Racers." I used to have the Choro Q game for Playstation - my favourite car was the dump truck and tank which I would modify with the best body kits and engines to make them super fast.

The toy you got is the black variant of Megatron (Takara had an obsession with black variants in the earlier part of the 00s). There's also a regular coloured version as well as Convoy and Rodimus Convoy. There are metallic variants for Choro Q Convoy and Rodimus Convoy.

I really love how Choro Q Megatron, despite being a Walther P38 pistol, still has wheels and a pullback motor which allows him to roll around in gun mode like a regular Choro Q car!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Finally and to really annoy people, sorry but I have to do this, this lot was a present from a friend in the U.S
    DROOL!

Picked up my ROTF leaders and sideways off laybuy- yet to open though. I have quite a pile of unopened toys which im still trying to find time to open!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Bruticus might have a haul which would make any collector drool but 1orion wins out for haul of the month because his items makes a lot of men cry like babies (like Roller) ......and it was a gift too.

Picked up the ROTF Soundtrack when I did groceries this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The toy's name is just "Megatron" but the sub-line is indeed "Transformers Choro Q Robo." Choro Q is a line of miniature "cute" cars with pull back motors manufactured by Takara (first released in 1978), so it's a like a crossover. Although it's not the first time - Microman also crossed over with Choro Q in the early 1980s and indeed G1 Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Bumblejumper are all actually based on Choro Q toy cars - that's why their alt modes are super deformed (most noticeably Cliffjumper's if you compare with a real Porsche 944). Choro Q toys were imported into some Western markets as "Penny Racers." I used to have the Choro Q game for Playstation - my favourite car was the dump truck and tank which I would modify with the best body kits and engines to make them super fast.

The toy you got is the black variant of Megatron (Takara had an obsession with black variants in the earlier part of the 00s). There's also a regular coloured version as well as Convoy and Rodimus Convoy. There are metallic variants for Choro Q Convoy and Rodimus Convoy.

I really love how Choro Q Megatron, despite being a Walther P38 pistol, still has wheels and a pullback motor which allows him to roll around in gun mode like a regular Choro Q car!!
    Yeah they had the grey one when I first spotted it but when I went to buy it, they only had Black left
    He's such a cute little fellah, I had him in gun mode yesterday I didn't even know he had wheels, I'm tempted try it out ^^ thanks Gok

Picked up Universe 2 pack Roadbuster and Dirge thanks to Robzy and the Roadbuster kit thanks to Jaydisc and Kup

and Henkei Hot Shot for $20

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Finally and to really annoy people, sorry but I have to do this, this lot was a present from a friend in the U.S
    can i be his friend too

Nabbed Leader Ultra Magnus for repaint fodder and a SE Dragstrip that I have been eying off for ages, $18 for the Deluxe and $28 for the leader, pretty happy with that!

Oh and my mate brought me the copy of "I am Optimus Prime" he grabbed for me last week as well. Pretty good introductory book for young readers.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)