Thread: No internet - completely cut-off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No internet - completely cut-off

Who cares about their internet? - I think the more important thing is the protection of the Ancient Egyptian antiquities that The World has a vested interest in!
    The museum in Cairo has already been ransacked and Mummies have been bare-headed... I truly hope that Ra purges the Egyptian populace of the perpetrators of such disgraceful acts with the full might of the Aten!!!

Oh how I wish I had 'God Mode' and a Samurai Sword!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Who cares about their internet? - I think the more important thing is the protection of the Ancient Egyptian antiquities that The World has a vested interest in!
    The museum in Cairo has already been ransacked and Mummies have been bare-headed... I truly hope that Ra purges the Egyptian populace of the perpetrators of such disgraceful acts with the full might of the Aten!!!

Oh how I wish I had 'God Mode' and a Samurai Sword!
    Yeah that is my big fear, the looting. I hope the army who are supposebly supporting the protesters for the sake of Egypt's future are also guarding the museums from the looters not just for the tourism industry but for the sake of preserving human history. The future of Egypt is indeed in it's past.

Another fear is that they get some nut job fundamentalist group in power and they systematically begin to destroy ancient monuments that have stood for milenia "to prevent people from worshiping them" like those disgusting POS Taliban morons did in Afghanistan. However I doubt the latter would happen as tourism is too important to Egypt's capital and something that all religious extremists love more than God himself is money and power.

oh well... now Egypt has more time on their hands as opposed to sitting on their bottoms in front of a box.

In a way, good on them!

I actually feel sorry for Egypt.

When I went over there last year I saw how much potential they have with their historic treasures, monuments and people. Unfortunately years of neglect has resulted in many sites being mismanaged.

Hopefully the situation rectifies itself, as I would really love to go back there in the near future.