Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It's a factory second or lunchtime special. It's not a knockoff, the guy's just confused.

There are Giant Chinese Knock-offs of the 200x toys, And some look quite nice. I think they're mostly used as fodder for people customising 200X MOTUC Toys, as we'll never get them from Mattel.

Thanks for the info guys. I just wanted to know so that I don't get caught unaware like I was with TFs when I was a little more noobish like I am now with MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    There are Giant Chinese Knock-offs of the 200x toys, And some look quite nice. I think they're mostly used as fodder for people customising 200X MOTUC Toys, as we'll never get them from Mattel.
    Tallestblue is correct. The 200X KOs are massive in comparison to the original stuff. They are pretty impressive with only paint apps being a problem but there is no way you can confuse these guys for the real thing.

This isn't so much a question and more of statement:

Damn! These MOTUC figures are awesome! I have been playing with He-Ro since yesterday and although I have no attachment to the character (didn't even know the character existed until fairly recently) and I still hold by my view that the sculpts on the 200x figures are better than the 'Ken doll' looks of MOTUC, the toy has blown me away! He-Ro is not without his QC issues like the transparent sword is painted blue and not molded as such so the hilt flakes paint, a somewhat loose ankle and so forth but overall it's an outstanding figure!

I will probably expand a bit more into the line by getting more figures or characters that would also fit my 200x collection like Carnivus and King Grayskull. I will still cherry pick but I will likely buy more figures than I previously thought...which is both bad and good
    Last edited by kup; 22nd November 2010 at 07:41 PM.

Knew you'd like em!

How do you boil a piece back into shape? The sword on my Carnivus bends a little.

Do I need to submerge it in warm water and then straighten it? Is the water supposed to be hot or just warm?

I thought it was boiling water? but i dont know i have never tried it,the guys at the fwoosh have done it alot.

Boiled or just hot water is fine. Dip in the piece; wait until it reshapes; take it out and make sure it's how you want it, then leave it or put it in cold water so it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Boiled or just hot water is fine. Dip in the piece; wait until it reshapes; take it out and make sure it's how you want it, then leave it or put it in cold water so it stays that way.
    So it reshapes by itself?
    Last edited by kup; 23rd November 2010 at 08:10 PM.