Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: January's stuff

So Griffin told me he was going to revoke my membership if I didn't buy some new figures. Since I value my otca membership highly, I ran out and quickly bought the first bit off rubbish I could find...

Ok. That's not all entirely true. I didn't actually run out anywhere - I used ebay instead.
    Also neither of those figures are rubbish. They are in fact both brilliant and I really like them. Optimus blew me away. Looks fantastic in robot mode, & I dig the matrix gimmick. He fills a hole in my collection - I don't really have a "movie accurate" prime. (I only have the first movie voyager which while it is a good figure, is hardly screen accurate).
    And in case anyone is wondering, no I do not like the moon & stars paint job!

...and Griffin didn't really tell me buy stuff either.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Spot on. None of these Voltron-esk combiners of G1 when it came to BW, give me some impossible combination!
    FORM ARMS AND LEGS... FORM..... .. No scratch that..
    Form spine and crotch.. Form lats and elbows.. Form abdomen and inner thighs..... And I'll form... the back of the head. And can someone form the face
    frowny preferred

Spot on. None of these Voltron-esk combiners of G1 when it came to BW, give me some impossible combination!
    Tripredacus is the better BW gestalt IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    FORM ARMS AND LEGS... FORM..... .. No scratch that..
    Form spine and crotch.. Form lats and elbows.. Form abdomen and inner thighs..... And I'll form... the back of the head. And can someone form the face
    frowny preferred
    The great thing about the BW gestalts is that they all have complete self contained components and parts. So unlike G1 gestalts (with the notable exception of Lio Kaiser) where the gestalt form is reliant on detachable (and losable) accessories, everything you need to combine Magnaboss and Tripredacus is built into the individual figures themselves! Even if you lose all their accessories/weapons, you can still combine them to form Tripredacus and Magnaboss (it just means that they have no weapons). This is really different from G1 gestalt teams like the Constructicons who absolutely cannot combine with accessories and even the Scramble City gestalts which can still interconnect without accessories can't truly complete their gestalt robot forms without the head, chest panel(s), fists and feet ('cept Defensor's head which is built into Hot Spot).

1989's Lio Kaiser was the first Transformer gestalt to introduce almost all of its gestalt parts being self-contained in the individual figures - only the head is a detachable component... but everything else is in-built, which was a really clever design feature, especially for its time. The Beast Wars gestalts took this concept and improved on it further since ALL of its gestalt parts are in-built (and even its weapons have storage compartments anyway); so there's really nothing for people to leave lying around.

The original Car Robot/RiD gestalts also carried on with this concept - JRX/Railracer & Build King/Landfill all have self-contained gestalt parts... but then it kinda took a backward step with Super Link/Energon where their gestalts went back to using detachable "Energon" accessories for the hands and feet (allowing the limbs to be interchangable - but then again, Build King/Landfill's limbs are interchangeable too without the need for detachable accessories). IMO we haven't really had any decent gestalt figures since CR/RiD (except ROTF Legends Devastator, who's a very nicely designed gestalt figure for its size IMO -- a helluva lot better than the fail-gestalt that is Combiner Class Devastator). Yeah alright, the Power Core Combiners all have self-contained parts too, but the individual limbformers are just lame toys (being more like drones than proper TF action figures).

I personally miss the days when we had awesome gestalt toys like Magnaboss, Tripredacus, JRX/Railracer and BuildKing/Landfill.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From a technical point of view I'd probably agree with you, but I like Magnaboss more, probably because he has hands.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

1989's Lio Kaiser was the first Transformer gestalt to introduce almost all of its gestalt parts being self-contained in the individual figures - only the head is a detachable component... but everything else is in-built, which was a really clever design feature, especially for its time. The Beast Wars gestalts took this concept and improved on it further since ALL of its gestalt parts are in-built (and even its weapons have storage compartments anyway); so there's really nothing for people to leave lying around.

I personally miss the days when we had awesome gestalt toys like Magnaboss, Tripredacus, JRX/Railracer and BuildKing/Landfill.
    I can appreciate that. Gobots monstrous is one of my favorite combiners for that exact reason. I'll have to look into leo kaiser. I thought he was just like the rest. (I had a K.O. trainbot Possibly raiden that came with a robot frame that the trains were just sorta attached to , I ended up giving it away. I didn't even think it was based on a real TF at the time) Maybe i should get my Magnaboss out of his box and see what he's all about.

From a technical point of view I'd probably agree with you, but I like Magnaboss more, probably because he has hands.
    Yeah... Tripredacus isn't gonna be playing the piano any time soon.

Thanks to mknells sighting, nabbed myself a Hunt for the Cons Leader Prime with hooks.

Don't have a leader movie prime, so fills a hole, plus it was dirt cheap for $25.

Now to see if it was worth it!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

First Acquisitions of the year:
    Cyberverse Hatchet, battle steel OP, Shockwave Fusion Tank and Masterpiece Rodimus

Still looking for Guzzle though?

All this talk about BW I thought I'd see what tf's were left at the local antique store.
    This was the last of them (bar 2 role playing swords). Why does he have 2 faces in robot mode? looks solid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    All this talk about BW I thought I'd see what tf's were left at the local antique store.
    This was the last of them (bar 2 role playing swords). Why does he have 2 faces in robot mode? looks solid though.
    Mutant mask Baby! Original BW gimmick. Great mold though, weapons everywhere!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...