Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OTCA Stop Motion Project?

No time limits, just go at our own pace. I reckon we'd be done by the end of next year

Im just throwing ideas out there. I didnt want the same old same old.... and kinda got the same old... lol Do what you want with it as long as I get credit

Interesting ideas Autocon and Arcee, I'm trying to come up with my own story too, but I'm suffering from writers block

I think I may jump the gun and do a miniature episode. Under 5 minutes, probably do something with my Animated figures I think.

Also, an idea: if we're going to be doing episodes or something, should we work on a super tacky opening sequence??

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Also, an idea: if we're going to be doing episodes or something, should we work on a super tacky opening sequence??
    Yes, yes we should.

Man, I really have to try and catch up with everything in this thread - It's exploded!

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I think I may jump the gun and do a miniature episode. Under 5 minutes, probably do something with my Animated figures I think.

How about instead of one movie we make a TV series? One episode per month, 12 for a season and we got the whole year packed in.

I'm not sure if I still sound normal...I better go to bed now...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    How about instead of one movie we make a TV series? One episode per month, 12 for a season and we got the whole year packed in.

12 4-minute ish shorts that in the end make up ~50 minute runtime including credits and all? Could work

We can always do the transitional period. Where decepticons and autobots change into maximals and predacons using dna splicing. The outside is synthetic but because of a lack of energon the tf race has had to use other means to keep producing energy to live. (Does not know how the animal part works in bws make it up as we go...hehe). So they have to change who they are and some tfs do not like this which causes conflict.

One side loves to explore the science behind it and they feel more organic. They are less mechanical which to them makes them feel less alienated from other species*. *There are more organic than mechanical beings in the tf universe?.
    Otherwise it makes them feel closer to the natural world. Or heres a better idea Cybertron needs the tfs to change in order to survive. They need all the energon to keep cybertron going so they use a more organic approach which uses less raw energon. Some do not like to change themselves and so resist. Others fully endorse the process to keep cybertron alive and think of it has an experience. In the process they become smaller built in order to sustain a stable energy flow.

Perhaps Galvatron(whoever dcon leader at time is) does not like this and thinks its lesser of him. Everyone has a right to choose and so we have a split. Most autobots do it for the better of the planet with decepticons resisting thinking that if the autobots change then they have a stronger advantage to take control. However the autobots with their new organic forms now last longer in battle.

Did they explain why they went to beast modes or not? I have not read anything on it

Eventually the old guard (dcons) are eliminated by sheer need to adapt. Then we have everyone smaller and in beast modes. Or simply be that robots had to get smaller to use less energon and the autobots forced the cons in order to preserve cybertron. This made the cons feel resentful because before they were a power house amongst the stars but with their smaller statue, other aliens are now bigger than them and they feel vulnerable and blame the autobots. *see the g1 season 3 - 4 of tfs to see them eating at a rest stop in space filled with heaps of aliens. Im sure someone will know the epsode/ what I am talking about.

So were the maxis and preds that small to begin with on cybertron or did they get that small on earth? because it would be funny seeing a small digger or plane flying around lol

I am very tired and lost all frame of thought but hopefully I helped form ideas for someone to maybe play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Too late for me...never sound normal

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Too late for me...never sound normal
    I foresee this project growing into a super big myth in the coming months...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Japan
    Penguin Rabbit Giraffe white crustacean
    Always meant to ask...are these like the Japanese names for the BWs TFs or what? Because they sound like a hell of a zoo...

I'm ashamed to say my knowledge of BWs is next to zero. I've actually tried tfwiki on those "names" above but didn't help at all...