Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposition: Bots of Australia

Default Proposition: Bots of Australia

G'day folks.

Had an idea come up yesterday, what if members from OTCA in each state or territory were to create a mascot representing their area to complete in regular games on OTCA, like perhaps a Chatroom based Quiz, Drawing Competitions, Recorded / Livestreamed TF Monopoly / Stratego matches/tournaments?

And here is a link to a page that can offer some personality ideas behind your State/Territories' bots. Hmm, might make a Church-former that likes wine for SA...

http://www.ozshots.com/map/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austral...onal_rivalries

I dont want any state based rivalries on otca but i guess im not active in the games/quizes part of the board anyway so my opinion should only be awarded 1 of the 2 cents on offer.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

If the rivalries were in the spirit of fun it'd be okay, but if people took it too seriously it could be an issue. There's already many places where Victorians have been referenced as Mexicans.

Livestreamed TF Monopoly is a unusual but interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    If the rivalries were in the spirit of fun it'd be okay, but if people took it too seriously it could be an issue. There's already many places where Victorians have been referenced as Mexicans.

Livestreamed TF Monopoly is a unusual but interesting idea.
    Mexicans? What the heck?

Tassie already has at least two of it's own. Snarl and Tasmanian Kid! Take that you mainland scum!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    G'day folks.

Had an idea come up yesterday, what if members from OTCA in each state or territory were to create a mascot representing their area to complete in regular games on OTCA, like perhaps a Chatroom based Quiz, Drawing Competitions, Recorded / Livestreamed TF Monopoly / Stratego matches/tournaments?

And here is a link to a page that can offer some personality ideas behind your State/Territories' bots. Hmm, might make a Church-former that likes wine for SA...

http://www.ozshots.com/map/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austral...onal_rivalries
    I like it.. (the idea and the wine guzzling church-former) could be a bit one sided at times but still, sounds good.
    We could have a pub-former. he charges $45 for a pub steaks and uses pint glasses as weapons..

THanks for the responses to the ideas folks, I too don't want any bitter hostalities between states, just a little fun for the sake of bringing the community closer.

Considering my part of Australia I would guess that the bot representing us would...

Transform into a VL Commodore
    Drink lots of energon
    He would need to be in a gestalt group because he would need buddies to hang around out teh front of the base.
    Receive his energon from Iacon Council witthout actually mining it himself.
    Everytime Prime needs him for a mission he would have a note from Ratchet saying his rear drive shaft was acting up and he wasn't medically cleared to go on missions.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There's already many places where Victorians have been referenced as Mexicans.
    Unfortunately many people here in NSW refer to Victoria as "Mexico" and Victorians as "Mexicans."

Ideas for state-themed Transformer mascots:
    + VIC = transforms into either a Leadbeaters Possum (state animal) or Helmeted Monkeyeater (state bird).
    + NSW = transforms into either a Platypus or Kookaburra.
    + QLD = transforms into either a Koala or a Brolga.
    + SA = transforms into either a wombat or a Piping Shrike (aka white-backed magpie).
    + WA = transforms into either a numbat or a Black Swan.
    + NT = Red Kangaroo (Star Upper's Spark-brother? ) or Wedged Tailed Eagle.

Tasmania doesn't have an official animal or bird emblem, but one could design a Tassie Devil TF -- and unlike existing Tas Devil TFs, give it an accurate looking alt mode! (i.e. make it look like a Devil and not some generic marsupial dunnart thing).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Unfortunately many people here in NSW refer to Victoria as "Mexico" and Victorians as "Mexicans."
    This happens all the time in my family, as i have relatives all over Australia. It is purely in good fun. Just like calling queenslanders banana benders. Can't say I see the harm in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Considering my part of Australia I would guess that the bot representing us would...

Transform into a VL Commodore
    Drink lots of energon
    He would need to be in a gestalt group because he would need buddies to hang around out teh front of the base.
    Receive his energon from Iacon Council witthout actually mining it himself.
    Everytime Prime needs him for a mission he would have a note from Ratchet saying his rear drive shaft was acting up and he wasn't medically cleared to go on missions.
    Lol