Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia > News > Optimus Prime's Movies News

Sightings/Sales

Old 22nd October 2017, 07:02 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

With the final week of filming (giving them 14 months to do post production - not sure why the movie was pushed back in the first place), it looks like some blue-screen filming is now taking place, as well as word that there will only be four robots in this movie.
It has also been noted that Steve Jablonsky (who has done the music for the previous Transformers movies), is not likely to be available for this one... but I don't know if that is based on the original June release, or the delayed December release, and if he is busy for the entire year or just the first half.
Old 8th November 2017, 07:50 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
With the final week of filming (giving them 14 months to do post production - not sure why the movie was pushed back in the first place), it looks like some blue-screen filming is now taking place, as well as word that there will only be four robots in this movie.
It has also been noted that Steve Jablonsky (who has done the music for the previous Transformers movies), is not likely to be available for this one... but I don't know if that is based on the original June release, or the delayed December release, and if he is busy for the entire year or just the first half.
I think he's done a good job of the other films but I think this is a franchise where a fresh take on the sound wouldn't hurt from time to time either. Even The Star wars offshoot movies aren't using John Williams.

His best work was the first movie, I haven't felt the others had such clear cut or emotional themes as the first one did.

I always thought the Transformers movies could use something like the sound Don Davis created for the Matrix films. A bit more industrial than what Jablonsky has created.
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 12th November 2017, 04:00 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

And that's a wrap... of principle filming.
There might be reshoots later, but it's now into the post-production phase, for a whole 13 months, now that the movie's release date was pushed back six months.
A teaser photo from the wrap party by Hailee shows us a new logo for the movie.