• I was looking for local TF news.

24 34.78%
  • I was looking for TF reviews.

3 4.35%
  • I was looking for other toy info.

7 10.14%
  • Someone told me about the site.

10 14.49%
  • Transformers? I thought this was Ozforex...

3 4.35%
  • Other (please explain)

22 31.88%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How did you find your way to Ozformers?

Not to diminish the good job of the entire board staff team, but I think it's safe to say that most of the work done in maintaining this community since 1996 has been from griffin. And remember that OzFormers is the longest running Transformers fan community in the world. That's a pretty awesome achievement. He has emotionally and financially invested a lot into this community on an ongoing basis for the past... holy crapola, is it really the 20th anniversary of OzFormers?!?

I owned G1 Toys at launch, and saw the 1st Episode aired on FTA TV. As a child I loved Transformers but my life went in a different direction and I thought I was too "grown up" for Toys.

Recently I Fractured my arm and had to stay at home. I started watching Transformers Prime on Netflix and that rekindled the spark, then I found the Master Piece Line.

That double whammy took me back and after a few google searches I ended up here.

Good thread.
    If I remember correctly, I remember seeing a link to Ozformers on a page called Dirge's Transformer Shrine (which I think was just a big list of links) around 1999-2000. I'm sure I looked at Ozformers via that page but I'd be lying if I said I could remember what the content was back then.
    Then a couple years later I joined the TAAU forum after receiving email due to being a previous customer, although at the time I actually had no idea what a forum was and didn’t even look at it/log in until several months later I think.
    Then later still I became aware of the Ozformers forum when the mini “war” happened between the two.
    My collecting days dwindled between 2005-11 but (according to my registration date) was feeling nostalgic in early 2012, and since TAAU had unfortunately died by then but several familiar names were on here I finally bit the bullet and joined.

So I guess my answer is other.

When Alternators came out, it rekindled my interest in the brand, that and the reissues we had here. I stumbled on a Hotrod at TRU once for $25. I didn't even think twice, it was a purchase.

I mostly had gone to Seibertron and TFW for news and had seen this site (from Googling) but never having used a forum before and not really understanding this one, I lurked a bit but that was all. I didn't see much more than news that was being repeated from the other sites I already visited so didn't see the point in actually becoming a member.

I was later inspired by a mate from uni (SilverfromOz) to join up. This is the first forum I've ever been a member of, it took me a while to learn the ropes but I think I picked it up, and I'm glad I did. I had no idea about the non-global news sections. some of my favourite parts of the board are the creative sections, and the sections that don't necessarily deal specifically with transformers.

I think I could count on two hands the number of days in the last 5 years since I joined where I haven't logged on. I really enjoy being a part of this community.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It took all my will not to click "Transformers? I thought this was Ozforex... ", that's GOLD

Very boring, I found this site after a simple google search. I have always looked from a distance on Transformers changes after Season 3 and 4 of the show when I thought I was too old for toys.

For some reason around 2009 I got the itch to revisit the toys and bought a Reissue Sideswipe on eBay. It all went downhill from there and I have a large collection of the original toys (some dug out of my parents roof from when I was a child, others are reissues) plus an ever growing MP collection. In 2010 I did a search looking for G1 reissues and it led me here. Been coming here ever since

Its a great site and a credit to griffin, well done sir!

On the hunt for a G1 Optimus. Went to google and this place was one of the hits. I have come here over the years but never signed up.

Im another former TAAU user.

When TAAU died (to me it felt like it happened overnight. Never found out why or what happened to Stephen Jesson) I came here and found some of my old friends. Guess im here to stay now.

Google. In my case, drunkenly, while waiting to meet friends for a punk band's gig. Was trying to track down a Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream (the original one).

Finally found one off another member of this board.

What is (was?) TAAU?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    What is (was?) TAAU?
    Theyareamongus.com

Started as a smallish online store then later became a news site/forum.