Thread: Diaclone Reboot Dia Battles V2 colour photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Diaclone Reboot Dia Battles V2 colour photos

This seems to have flown under the radar thanks to the big MP news this weekend, but at the same hobby show in Japan, Takara showed off a fully painted Dia Battles V2 prototype, and it looks great!

Apparently more info & preorders will open Oct 7. The price hasn't been said as yet, but it looks pretty large and with a premium paint job, my guess is they're looking to compete somewhat with Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line, so i'd expect it to cost upwards of 20,000Y (but I hope i'm way off )

Tag Hobby has reported with the official pics:

Combined alt mode pic from TakaraTomy Twitter

Mynavi has many photos from show itself.

Apologies since this isn't strictly TF (I wasn't sure which section to put it in)... but who here doesn't want to see this beauty!

Takara have been tweeting about it.

So so so so.... So bought
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Apologies since this isn't strictly TF (I wasn't sure which section to put it in)... but who here doesn't want to see this beauty!
    Since it is a (now distant) cousin of Transformers, I'll give it the weekend in the Transformers section... but will then move it to the "other toy news" section.

Oooh, pretty...

Just a thought @Griffin - it might be worth thinking about having a sub-forum for Diaclone stuff (old and new) given the historical links/significance of the line to TFs.

That will depend on the reception of the current news (or discussions about the vintage stuff). If we only have three or four people showing the interest to follow or buy these, there wouldn't be enough traffic to support a whole section on it.

I'm certainly interested. From what I've heard, the idea is to make toys of a similar quality to Masterpiece and the look of this guy is certainly more appealing to me than the recent glut of Masterpiece cars. The new figure looks good and I'll definitely be trying to get one. He can join MP Exkaiser as a non-TF MP.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is my honest opinion of it, is a toy priced a bit too high for its class.
    Feels very microman and I don't think 12,000jpy actually justify this piece and should be a lot under.

Not saying is not nice, just saying its probably priced a bit high for my liking.
    btw masterpieces are not high quality at all and they are cheaper, consider this MP Ultra Magnus can be bought at under 14,000jpy so if you compare and contrast, this is off target.