Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Currency rates (added every week or two).

Trump's win hasn't made the US dollar drop too much yet. We are sitting at our buck still worth about 0.76 of theirs.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    According to the financial news app in Windows 10 every stock market across Asia was down after the Trump win started to look likely. We will have to see if Wall Street goes lower than the rest of the world. I'd love to see what happens to the USD if he can really pass a law to make Apple bring all it's manufacturing back to America. I'm really hoping for cheap shopping from America.
    No. With the tariffs and protectionist stuff you'll pay way too much to import stuff from America.

The problem with Apple there, and here and the rest of the world is getting them to pay their taxes. Will he close loop holes he knows exist from his use of them for the greater good, or will he leave them be because after 4 years he'll still benefit from them? That is what people should look at.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Megatran Guest

The Aussie dollar has dropped considerably against the US dollar. It dropped below 0.74 USD today due to the strength of the US dollar in recent days over talks of an impending rate rise. On the plus side, our dollar has strengthened against the Japanese Yen.

Our dollar is stronger against all the other currencies though. But rates rising is something that is 3 years over due anyway as lowering them has done nothing to bring inflation to where they want it. Wages stagnation is to blame there as well as the price of ore.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    The Aussie dollar has dropped considerably against the US dollar.
    I wouldn't call 2 cents considerable. Am I the only one that remembers the Howard government's 1 AUD buying around .50 USD?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wouldn't call 2 cents considerable. Am I the only one that remembers the Howard government's 1 AUD buying around .50 USD?
    Nope, I remember it quite well. Went down to 0.48 if I remember correctly.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I remember too. It was pretty much just double the listed US price when buying stuff back then. Was into mtg back in the 90's and they'd take the price guides and the listed price they'd buy at and they'd double it to sell at was what every card store did as the guides were in USD.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

I'm watching the AUD/¥. It's up to 84, would love for it to get back to 90+. Even at this level I'm considering shifting my Transformers purchasing back to Japanese sources.

Meanwhile, we are continuing our slide against the US$... now under 74c.

We get better with one major source of Transformers (Japan), but then get worse with the other major source (America & HK sources that sell in US$).

The AUD/¥ has broken through 86, hopefully on the way to 90!