Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Currency rates (added every week or two).

Someone mind explaining why the news is saying the AUD is plunging? I just looked it up and it's still buying .74USD, which is around where it's been since Trump came to power.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Someone mind explaining why the news is saying the AUD is plunging? I just looked it up and it's still buying .74USD, which is around where it's been since Trump came to power.
    I dunno but I got butt arsed paying for jpy item when the rates dropped was kinda pissed as it was quite stable a few days back.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I dunno but I got butt arsed paying for jpy item when the rates dropped was kinda pissed as it was quite stable a few days back.
    Yikes, looks like next week stuff at HLJ will cost me a little more than expected. Good thing I canceled Brainstorm and Convobat.

Anyone getting a bit of a "boy who cried wolf" feel from all these economic experts that have been saying for months the Aussie dollar is going to fall, yet it keeps staying in the 72 to 77 cents range?

Anyone getting a bit of a "boy who cried wolf" feel from all these economic experts that have been saying for months the Aussie dollar is going to fall, yet it keeps staying in the 72 to 77 cents range?
    Sooner or later it will stick and then they'll proudly boast "we told you so"

According to todays forecast it is expected to stay or slightly increase, along with the interest rate, due to Trumps latest MAGA speech.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just don't take it as set in stone. These people also tend to be day traders, they go on nothing but feelings. Must go to the same school at the bom guys.

Quote Originally Posted by den10 View Post
    According to todays forecast it is expected to stay or slightly increase, along with the interest rate, due to Trumps latest MAGA speech.
    That's an easy one. They just listened to what he said, put together the fact he is impressed with our immigration policy, and mentioned Australia in the speech. Also the DOW rocketed up today too which is a significant sign of confidence. So yea, easy to come to that conclusion.

I'm just going to wait and see, plus the price of fuel is right down right now too.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I didn't realise it had been five months (yesterday) since I had done one of these.... and two of the major currencies aren't much different to five months ago (despite a presidential election during that time and the fallout of Brexit) - but the Yen is the big mover, climbing 13 yen (about 18%) since June last year, when it was 74 yen to our dollar.

As of today, according to xe.com, these are the current rates for AU$1...

- US$ - 0.7689 (about the same as last October)
    - GB£ - 0.6268 (about the same as last October)
    - JP¥ - 87.118 (up 8 yen since October)
    - EU€ - 0.7168 (up 2 cents since October)
    - NZ$ - 1.0995 (up 2 cents since October)

(bank and paypal rates are 2-3% less than the figures above)

Time to do more shopping from Japan then...

Well that rally against the Yen didn't last long, it's hit below 82 this morning. Just when I'm about to pay off a pre-order with NY.

As of today, according to xe.com, these are the current rates for AU$1...
    (down against all of these currencies since 4 weeks ago)

- US$ - 0.7583 (down 1 cent in the last month)
    - GB£ - 0.6046 (down 2 pence in the last month)
    - JP¥ - 82.668 (down 4.5 yen in the last month)
    - EU€ - 0.7128 (slightly down, almost unchanged)
    - NZ$ - 1.0823 (down 1.5 cents in the last month)

(bank and paypal rates are 2-3% less than the figures above)