Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Re: your comment about Doctor Strange, the Superior Spider-Man has already come across one of the most powerful telepaths in the world and bluffed his way out of it. I liked this comment on the ridiculousness of it in another blog:
    Yeah but then dr strange doesn't read minds he should be able to pick up the essence of Peter Parker or "his ghost" that is shadowing Otto Parker as a disturbance in the astral force.......mystical detection. I mean that is what he whole last story arc of new avengers was.....

On a side not I am looking forward to guardians of the galaxy starting up again.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Default Deaths Head

From the last Issue of Iron Man (#6)

UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hey guys,

Just read the 1st 4 issues of Wolverine & The X-Men and I thought it was great!

It has a sense of humour as well some great action, and I enjoyed how the the first day of class was contained in 3 issues. I've read some X-Force so aware of 'Genesis' and Warren/Angel, and like how it weaves in those elements.

I saw a preview for the 'Battle of the Atom' beginning with issue 36 (though I'm so far off from that) and other titles which looks amazing, I love X-Men future/past story lines, gotta catch up quick.

Also got the 1st 6 issues of Avengers by Jonathan Hickman and Jerome Opena, so far so good, awesome new roster for the team too!

X-Men #1 was released today. You know, the all-female team. Well it's great. Possibly X-Book of the year if subsequent issues can keep this up.

I'm curious about this new book. The reviews have been good and mention things I like, and Rogue (one of my favourites) looks better treated here than in Uncanny Avengers. The previous "Unadjective" book wasn't very good. I guess "All Women team" is a more unique angle than "X-Men team up" like the book used to be, but it also seems a bit forced. There are too many X-Men team books at the moment though (and Avengers too) and too much is meaningless. I've loved X-Men for years but I skip a lot of the content now because there's just too much that's not good.

The All New X-Men has been great so far, I highly recommend it! Waiting on the the first trade of Uncanny X-Men, but from what I've seen it looks great too!

Recently ordered from Book Depot the HC Age of Apocalypse Collection, I only ever read an issue here or there as I was too young to know what was actually going on haha so looking forward to it

AOA was a great event back in the day and still my favourite X-Men X-over. And that's a huge omnibus. I'm tempted to buy it but I have all the issues (and the AOA trades too) so I don't really need it.

I liked the first five issues of "All New". It's a great looking book.

All New X-men Vol. 2 is now out, havent got it myself yet though.

And AOA has shown up yet so currently reading both X-men and Uncanny leading up to Messiah Complex, so Supernovas, Blinded by the Light for X-men, and The Rise and Fall of the Shi-ar Empire and eXtremists for Uncanny.

Loved these when they first came out and enjoying them again

Ooo the new Uncanny X-Men HC came out today, first 5 issues. Picked mine up this morning.

Where is a good place to get X-Men trades? I wanna get all the Xtreme X-Men amongst others I can't find in Canberra.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Some of the Xtreme trades may be tricky to find (assuming you mean the original book).

The first two tpbs are solid material, really enjoyable.

After that though, it's a mess. The purpose of the book is forgotten thanks to a change in editorial mandate (diaries, what diaries?), the art suffers as Larocca was moved onto Namor (Namor!?), and the new characters just failed to engage (Slipstream and Lifeguard are just lame).

Those first two tpbs are solid though. Really enjoyable.