Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Generation 2012 volume book coming

Default Transformers Generation 2012 book coming

Seibertron have found listings for a new 2012 volume of Transformers Generations by Million Publishing.

These preorders can be viewed at Amazon Japan and Ami Ami. We have no information as yet of what if any exclusive figure offer that might come with the book.

The description on the Ami Ami order page gives us a little detail about what the book covers courtesy of Google translation.

Japan finally landed! Full CG animation feature large "Transformers Prime" latest
    Masterpiece, and Revoltech, · · ·! Thoroughly research the latest items in 2012
    overseas edition toys from all public!
    "Transformers / Dark Side Moon"
    development literature that appeared Transformers toys, mail order magazine interview designers valuable
    ! ? [Appendix] 1. Special double-sided poster and highly material 2. "Gaiden Super God Masterforce Pretender - Transformers" comics to draw down the full

This book is scheduled to be released around April 17 or 18.
    Source: Seibertron.com

For those that know much about these books:
    * It is not an updated or new edition version of Transformers Generations, it's the latest in a series of volumes from the past few years that focus primarily on the current year's toys
    * It is all in Japanese (with some English toy names listed too)
    * It should cover off all the remaining DOTM toys (Japanese and US) that the 2011 volumes didn't include

I'll be looking to pre-order mine tonight as I had a lot of trouble finding 2011 volume 2 last year.

Oh and the book has an exclusive with it. United Targetmaster Artfire. Maybe people will care now

The Artfire is interesting.

I think HD will be very interested in this once he gets back from his travels ; I'm really wishing I'd decided to pick up Stepper now, as he would've complimented this Artfire figure well IMO - A damn good idea and offering indeed.

Some sample images from the upcoming book.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some sample images from the upcoming book.
    looks pretty cool
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

The Generations books (both the original bible and the recent updates) are all great but the most recent books go a bit unloved - apart from the exclusives that come with them. There weren't even TFwiki pages for most of the recent books until I added some.

You won't be able to read them, but for photos of all US and Japanese toys from the last 7 years the series can't be beat.

Indeed. They are an archive that has no Western equal... and I'd love to see them backtrack the years between the original Generations book and the first of this new series (2007 I think). Or have them as half-half volumes to pad out the current ones with the years since Gen2.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'll be looking to pre-order mine tonight as I had a lot of trouble finding 2011 volume 2 last year.
    So you found one? kinokuniya had a whole stack of them, about $58 tho.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I got 2011 volume 2 from eBay in the end. The seller did write his name in the book though . I've got this edition on order with HLJ.