Page 962 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 942952957958959960961962963964965966967972982 ... LastLast
Results 9,611 to 9,620 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Officially they rightly want to sue the third party market into oblivion, but the third parties incorporate in China where the courts are a joke and don't care about international copyright law.

Beyond that Hasbro have never said anything and anything beyond that is speculation.
    I'm not debating the legalities of it and ofcourse Hasbro have never said anything. It's simply a question of observations. I noticed something and wondered if anyone else had noticed similar things like:

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Not a toy design, but the Earth Wars Predacons look a lot like the MMC Feralcons.

I think there are a few other examples, but I can't remember them...
    Thanks Ode, I don't play Earth Wars so didn't know about that one.

So it does happen from time to time, probably mainly by accident.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

A couple of third party toys have been used as reference by (non-regular) artists on IDW comics. A third party Gears and Huffer showed up on a cover of MTMTE, Rodimus and Drift's vehicle modes were drawn based on third party toys in a recent Lost Light issue.

you could argue that G2 laser ultra magnus was the first to have twin shoulder launchers.

I think I see where you're going there. The line has certainly blurred a bit with characters in the comics like the members of the DJD.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Anyone have HFTD Hubcap? Just wondering how he compares to modern Legends figures of the season 3 Minibots?

Anyone have HFTD Hubcap? Just wondering how he compares to modern Legends figures of the season 3 Minibots?
    Great figure, but a little out of place with classics-verse figures

Actually got the reprolabels set to turn him into G2 Volt for my neoG2 shelf

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Great figure, but a little out of place with classics-verse figures

Actually got the reprolabels set to turn him into G2 Volt for my neoG2 shelf
    I did this too. He's perfect as a Volt stand in.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

So G1 Monstructor was made of the 6 inner bots of 6 Pretenders and was very tiny.

If you guys had to design a modern CHUG Monstructor that pays tribute to the Pretender gimmick and the 6 inner bots while allowing the modern combined form to be at least CW 5 piece combiner in height how would pull this off?

So G1 Monstructor was made of the 6 inner bots of 6 Pretenders and was very tiny.

If you guys had to design a modern CHUG Monstructor that pays tribute to the Pretender gimmick and the 6 inner bots while allowing the modern combined form to be at least CW 5 piece combiner in height how would pull this off?
    Is this a scratch built, pre existing moulds or new moulds question?
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Is this a scratch built, pre existing moulds or new moulds question?
    Imagine you were a HasTak employee designing a new Monstructor. How would you do it while meeting the criteria?

It's sort-of a cheat, but you could do Prime Master/Titan-master sized 'core' bots that could slot into Deluxe-sized combining bots (based on the inner robots with remolds as necessary) and the current Legends-sized Decoy Armor toys in the shape of the old G1 shells.

Other than that I can't see how you could make it work.