Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep IX

Default Star Wars Ep IX

So even though I think the last Jedi is a pile of excrement I am very excited for ep IX, they have been playing their cards close to their chest with no teaser trailer out yet about nine months out from release.
    The info trickling out is that this will tie in the whole series from the prequels and be the conclusion for the Skywalker saga which I think is a good move.
    So you'd have to think some involvement with Anakin and maybe (and this is getting out there) a canon reveal of good old Sheev being the one that created him in the first place. I'd love to walk out of the theatre with dust in my eyes.

I honestly believe that this could be the greatest Star Wars movie ever, it's a big call but my expectations are also weighed down to get me back to reality due to the recent track record. (Rogue One excepted)
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

You and I obviously view Star Wars very differently . I loved TLJ. I thought Rogue One was a bad fanfic. Haven’t seen Solo yet because life has got in the way.

I think Luke was portrayed excellently in TLJ. I mean, Rian did the only thing he could with him after JJ set up that he was missing. What other reason could there be for Luke to be AWOL and willingly let the universe go to shit? The bad guys didn’t have him, they were looking for him too. The only logical explanation for him not to be around was that he’d run away.

I generally don’t talk about Star Wars though because the second anyone hears that I liked TLJ they start going all stupid and acting like Kathleen Kennedy personally busted down their bedroom door and chopped their genitals off with a dull knife.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not going to say much as I tried my best to look back and see if I could accept tlj but I cannot, there are too many dumb dumb scenes. At this point I am disappointed with the trilogy direction.

Jj to finish this up, I hope he makes it more presentable to accept like how force awakens was. I already heard rumors about what may happen but I now avoid looking it up.

Don’t get me wrong, I think tlj can be great with the exact story. I just feel some things were poorly done. Unlike Solo I enjoyed the movie better

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You and I obviously view Star Wars very differently . I loved TLJ. I thought Rogue One was a bad fanfic. Haven’t seen Solo yet because life has got in the way.

I think Luke was portrayed excellently in TLJ. I mean, Rian did the only thing he could with him after JJ set up that he was missing. What other reason could there be for Luke to be AWOL and willingly let the universe go to shit? The bad guys didn’t have him, they were looking for him too. The only logical explanation for him not to be around was that he’d run away.

I generally don’t talk about Star Wars though because the second anyone hears that I liked TLJ they start going all stupid and acting like Kathleen Kennedy personally busted down their bedroom door and chopped their genitals off with a dull knife.
    You raise some fair points as to Luke's exile but I don't want this thread becoming a slinging match for the haters and lovers of TLJ as we already have a TLJ thread somewhere I'm sure. My dislike for the movie has nothing to do with the "SJW" stuff that so many complain about, to be honest I didn't notice it until after I watched YT channel reviews.

I'm just happy that we are getting a conclusion to an overall amazing movie series, and hopefully the fandom gets hyped and happy for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I honestly believe that this could be the greatest Star Wars movie ever, it's a big call but my expectations are also weighed down to get me back to reality due to the recent track record. (Rogue One excepted)

I hope that you are right and this is a sensational movie, however I am a pessimist and I believe that no matter how good anything is these days a negative few will always yell louder and more aggressively to try and ruin things for everyone else.

TLJ had some faults, as have all the star wars movies, but I think the overall negativity was too harsh. I am hoping that this will be a good end to the Skywalker saga and is enjoyable and well acted.

I think not releasing a trailer is a smart move and very similar to what Disney have been doing with the Marvel series and even the live action remakes, keeping people is suspense as long as they can. (And/or protecting themselves from fan backlash! )
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I reckon the big reveal will be at Star Wars celebration, it will get cheers and raised light sabers so is a great PR visual.

I've enjoyed all the recent Star Wars movies.

My biggest gripe is not having the fox fanfare at the start. I've really struggled to adjust to that.

I Love that they've managed to get john Williams to score the core films and that the music on the side films has been very well done, I'm quite a fan of Michael Giachino ( I might have spelt that wrong)
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    You raise some fair points as to Luke's exile but I don't want this thread becoming a slinging match for the haters and lovers of TLJ as we already have a TLJ thread somewhere I'm sure. My dislike for the movie has nothing to do with the "SJW" stuff that so many complain about, to be honest I didn't notice it until after I watched YT channel reviews.

I'm just happy that we are getting a conclusion to an overall amazing movie series, and hopefully the fandom gets hyped and happy for it.
    I hope so. It is super cool that at the end of this year, we will have another complete Star Wars trilogy that has featured Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia.

I do wonder if they'll try to get Lando back

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I hope so. It is super cool that at the end of this year, we will have another complete Star Wars trilogy that has featured Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia.

I do wonder if they'll try to get Lando back
    Very little has been revealed so far, but it was revealed last year if he was going to be in the last one.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_IX

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Very little has been revealed so far, but it was revealed last year if he was going to be in the last one.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_IX
    Lando! Yes!!!