View Poll Results: What gender is (are) your child(ren)?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy(s)

15 40.54%
  • Girl(s)

6 16.22%
  • Both (even)

10 27.03%
  • More boys

3 8.11%
  • More girls

3 8.11%
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parenting Thread

Definitely understandable, mayzaprime

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Thats awesome! Proud Dad

I didn't notice this thread, I have 4 kids under 6yrs so you can understand why I may have missed it.
    Wow, just found it myself, a father of a 1.2 year old

Took my daughter into her "big school" where she'll be starting Kindy next year. Fitted and purchased summer and sports uniforms (I'll buy the winter uniform later, they won't be wearing it until Term 2). Bought a combination of new and 2nd hand uniform because 2nd hand uniform is substantially cheaper (e.g. $28 for new school jacket, $5 for 2nd hand). Most of what I bought was new because a lot of the 2nd hand stuff was either sold out, didn't fit, or looked obviously worn/faded (or even had some minor damage). Sizing is interesting... you wanna get something a bit bigger for them to grow into, but not so big that it's going to be uncomfortable and way too baggy. Anyway, it was all very fun and now she's more excited about starting big school.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Took my daughter into her "big school" where she'll be starting Kindy next year. Fitted and purchased summer and sports uniforms (I'll buy the winter uniform later, they won't be wearing it until Term 2). Bought a combination of new and 2nd hand uniform because 2nd hand uniform is substantially cheaper (e.g. $28 for new school jacket, $5 for 2nd hand). Most of what I bought was new because a lot of the 2nd hand stuff was either sold out, didn't fit, or looked obviously worn/faded (or even had some minor damage). Sizing is interesting... you wanna get something a bit bigger for them to grow into, but not so big that it's going to be uncomfortable and way too baggy. Anyway, it was all very fun and now she's more excited about starting big school.
    Word of advice. Keep one uniform spare for photo day. I can't believe how dirty Marcus gets compared to pre-school/daycare days. Sometimes I pick him up from school and I look at him as he comes running out of the classroom and I think to myself "Did you just lay down in the dirt all lunchtime?"
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

We have 2 sets of the uniform so far, and we intend to get a third one later - and we'll wash-rotate throughout the week. Yuki won't be wearing the same uniform for more than a day in a row. I know some parents let their kids wear their uniform for 2 days before swapping over, but when I mentioned this idea to my wife she gave me that look of...

...so that was the end of that discussion and she'll be wearing a freshly cleaned uniform every day.

Yeah but some stains don't come out. Between the painting and other arts and crafts messes are made. Believe me some massive messes.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Yeah but some stains don't come out. Between the painting and other arts and crafts messes are made. Believe me some massive messes.
    Heh, fair point.

My daughter's first attempt at writing in Latin:

"qui docet discit"

I've added a poll to this thread to see what the gender distribution of our kids is like.
    To clarify...
    Boy(s) = you only have a boy or all your kids are boys
    Girl(s) = you only have a girl or all your kids are girls
    Both (even) = you have an even number of boy(s) and girl(s)
    More boys = you have more boys than girls (e.g. 2 girls, 1 boy)
    More girls = you have more girls than boys (e.g. 2 boys, 1 girl)

---------------------------------------------------
    P.S.: A few days ago my daughter kept asking me what "suffer" means. I thought it was quite strange that a preschooler would even know this word. I asked her what she thought it meant, but she said she didn't know and kept on asking me. I eventually realised that she was asking me what "ça va?" means! (there are French kids in our neighbourhood that she sometimes plays with, so it seems that she's picking up some Français from them) -- ouh la la!

I have 3 boys and 1 girl

5,4,3 and 1 in that order